View Poll Results: Who would utilize this type of service.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 64.00%
  • No

1 4.00%
  • Rather Do my Own

5 20.00%
  • I don't reload

3 12.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clean, resize, trim and swaged service...?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My contact info is the following:

mpower464@hotmail.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thank you for all your interest!!! I have a few slots open for July.

Feedback Score
    I said yes, but the ideal service to me would be for you to decap, swage, clean and trim the fired case. I really don't want someone else tto size my cases. That is key to chamber fit and therefore accuracy. Also, sizing rreally wouldn't speed me up.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nksmfamjp View Post
    I said yes, but the ideal service to me would be for you to decap, swage, clean and trim the fired case. I really don't want someone else tto size my cases. That is key to chamber fit and therefore accuracy. Also, sizing rreally wouldn't speed me up.
    His service would be geared more towards bulk ammo that's sized back to the case dimension specification... not to a specific chamber.

Obviously if you want a chamber mated level of accuracy, you want to control all the levels of your own ammo production.

For guys who reload, but want to cut some case prep out of their bulk/practice ammo, it's a good deal.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    His service would be geared more towards bulk ammo that's sized back to the case dimension specification... not to a specific chamber.

Obviously if you want a chamber mated level of accuracy, you want to control all the levels of your own ammo production.

For guys who reload, but want to cut some case prep out of their bulk/practice ammo, it's a good deal.
    I also agree...this is for bulk shooting. If you're into accuracy, you'll want to fireform cases, neck size, and go with your pet load from there.

Feedback Score
    Ammunition fired in semi auto rifles should always be full length resized, not fire-formed and neck sized. That's for bolt guns.

Feedback Score
    I guess I was thinking that this service was geared for people like me who might be interested in buying cases which I don't have to mess with the primer crimp. I just don't see how resizing helps any bulk loader, but it does hurt case fit to the chamber. I do FL size for the AR, but I do it to a specific dimension. I thoguth we all do. How do you minimize trimming while being sure the cases will fit evverytime.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nksmfamjp View Post
    I guess I was thinking that this service was geared for people like me who might be interested in buying cases which I don't have to mess with the primer crimp.
    Huh? That's the whole point... Bulk reloaders who DON'T want to deal with the crimp removal.

I just don't see how resizing helps any bulk loader, but it does hurt case fit to the chamber.
    It can hurt it all it wants. I'm not concerned with the case's feelings. All I know is my ammo is very accurate.

I do FL size for the AR, but I do it to a specific dimension. I thoguth we all do. How do you minimize trimming while being sure the cases will fit evverytime.
    I full length size EVERY time, and don't trim ANY cases. A decent case will stay in length spec for about 3 loadings if you don't have a nasty expander ball that stretches cases too much. As an additional measure I use the LEE Factory Crimp die for any cases that slightly exceed spec in length. My primer pockets are generally too loose before any of my cases are too long. And I don't load any HOT practice ammo.

Believe it or not, you can get away with cases that are quite long. BLACK HILLS BLUE BOX ammo is ridiculously out of spec in case length, and internut shooters love the stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks for the business....

BTT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12