Thread: HK416 Coating

Feedback Score

HK416 Coating

Hey every1 I just bought all the seperate parts for an HK416 and now I'm planning on coating it. What do you think?
    http://www.unitedarmsonline.com/Serv...camo-large.jpg

Feedback Score
    why ruin such a nice piece of Machinery, Bloomberg is shuch a sack of S*!#*!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Hey every1 I just bought all the seperate parts for an HK416 and now I'm planning on coating it. What do you think?
    http://www.unitedarmsonline.com/Serv...camo-large.jpg
    Your going to refinish your 416 with that Why?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This is a joke, right? Of course it is.

I hold Matt Lauer in high regard, but quite honestly, this is a tacky campaign, and needlessly confrontational. It seem to me that the last thing we need is to openly antagonize our elected officials, and I was disappointed to see this ad when it first hit Shotgun News and elsewhere.

I'm not challenging the fact that Mayor Bloomberg leaves much to be desired on the issues; I just don't see the advantage of matching his idiocy with a fair measure of our own.

Chief
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    This is a joke, right? Of course it is.

I hold Matt Lauer in high regard, but quite honestly, this is a tacky campaign, and needlessly confrontational. It seem to me that the last thing we need is to openly antagonize our elected officials, and I was disappointed to see this ad when it first hit Shotgun News and elsewhere.

I'm not challenging the fact that Mayor Bloomberg leaves much to be desired on the issues; I just don't see the advantage of matching his idiocy with a fair measure of our own.

Chief
    Not that I disagree with your opinion, I don't, but I think you'll find that it was Bloomberg that drew first blood by attacking Lauer publicly as "sick" and "twisted" for making coatings in colors that "could" be painted to "look like toys." (Why???)

Even though this has never happened.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its his first post...

Well played, troll, well played...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    ... I think you'll find that it was Bloomberg that drew first blood by attacking Lauer ...
    You're absolutely right about the manner in which all of this transpired, John. It's not as if this is a big issue, really; I just think the wiser course of action here might have been to turn the other cheek, and let the whole thing die.

I don't object to the creation of a couple of outrageous "Bloomberg Special" weapons to make light of the situation; I just thought it was going a bit far to make this the cornerstone of an advertising campaign. In print, you don't really get the whole story, and it makes us pro-2A types look a bit silly.

I'd have to agree, though ... troll post. It makes about as much sense as coating an original StG-44 in RealTree. Who would seriously consider such a thing?

Chief
    Last edited by Army Chief; 06-06-08 at 05:17. Reason: Typo
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.