Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me secure my firearms with a safe and insurance

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Any good word on American security safes? Trying to find something locally so I don't have to drop loot on freight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Any good word on American security safes? Trying to find something locally so I don't have to drop loot on freight.
    Amsec's BF series is a UL listed RSC (residential security container), which is something you want. I have an older BF6032. It's bigger than I need for 6 long guns with optics and assorted hand guns, but having too much room in the safe is a complaint made by no one, ever. The newer models have increased their fire protection rating from 90 to 120 minutes @ 1200° F.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Last edited by South; 01-23-15 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    http://www.amsecusa.com/new-bf6024-gun-safe/

For a heavy-duty compact safe this a good choice, expensive however.

This Liberty listed below is one I was looking at for a 2nd safe to put inside of a closet.

http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-prem...fes-ps-19.html

You might take a look at the Liberty Centurion models. They are lower cost imports but offer reasonable security.

In my opinion, if you are going to buy the Stack-On you may as well just go to Costco and pick-up the generic $500 imported safe.

P.S. There are a few gunsafe threads here, but sufficed to say a good gunsafe will cost about 2 grand and weigh at least 600 to 700 Lbs.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Lots of good advice here.
    Gun safe- Years ago, I bought a similar Stack On with a dial when I was in your shoes. I use it, today, to store ammo. The safes already recommended are good options for your current situation. If you know when you will move into the house, I would buy with that in mind. Also, you will run out of room in the safe much faster than you think and may want to consider one bigger than you currently need. Whatever you get, bolt it to the floor and hide it from plain sight. My current safe is one of the American Security safes already mentioned. I really like this safe and have had it for many years.
    Insurance- My State Farm Homeowners policy only covered $2,500 worth of guns. I had to purchase a rider for the value of the guns, have them appraised (no receipts), provide them a list with serial numbers, etc. I now insure the guns through the NRA with a policy similar to the Collectors policy mentioned above. I keep a list of guns and accessories with pics in my safe deposit box, but I only provide the insurance company a total value for the guns. It is also $200 per year cheaper than State Farm.

Good luck with your choice.
    Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12