Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Independence 5.56 XM193I

Feedback Score
    Contacted Federal Cartridge this AM. I asked if they had received other complaints on this ammo, which the service rep didn't really answer, but he almost immediately said they want all the rounds I have left. Prepaid label was established with UPS and they are picking up the remaining rounds this Friday for testing. I was told I would receive a call once testing is complete.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    We just had a gun come in that was blown up (and he was using this ammo). I am going to check the lot# and see what it is. I would possibly reach out to Federal as we will do as well.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    We just had a gun come in that was blown up (and he was using this ammo).
    I have a can of ammo for you if you ever make an appearance again.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    We just had a gun come in that was blown up (and he was using this ammo). I am going to check the lot# and see what it is. I would possibly reach out to Federal as we will do as well.
    Wow! Thankful I posted the pics of the case heads now. Really appreciate the input from you all. I might not have put the brakes on if I didn't get your feedback. Gunz- Federal was contacted yesterday morning. They are taking all my remaining rounds for testing. Would you feel comfortable posting some images or describing how the rifle failed?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    I wonder what happened to this ammo, used to be good quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Well when you run a load that close to the red line... there's a thin margin for error before disaster occurs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Although I haven't fired any of the Indepence, I have bought about 800 rounds of this stuff here and there over the past few weeks as available to replenish my supply of ammo and build up my stash. I sent an e-mail to Federal this morning for any comment but have no real hope of a response since I haven't personally had any issues with it.

So, what the hell do I do with this stuff?
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    I'm wondering how its so different from IMI branded M193. I know the story behind the stuff but these are like "the new guy's" mistakes, like IMI is having to re-learn how to ride a bike after years and years of quality manufacturing experience. I personally got over 3350 once in a 50 round sample and there are some reports of exceeding 3600 floating around which is nuts if true. Something doesn't add up.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by afff_667 View Post
    So, what the hell do I do with this stuff?
    You give it to you old buddy, markm so he can pull it apart and make good ammo out of the components.

Feedback Score
    Spoke with a tech at Federal today named Ryan re: the xm193I that I sent to FC for testing. He said the test results did show the ammo was over pressure. I wasn't surprised, but I also didn't expect him to divulge much more information than that due to possible liability issues. He is sending me standard xm193 as a replacement for the xm193I.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast