Thread: AZ CCW question

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

AZ CCW question

Hey guys, tried searching through ARS 13-3112 for my answer but couldn't find it. As a CCW holder in AZ are you required to report your possession of a weapon to an officer during a stop?
    OIF/OEF vet (Ramadi/Hit & Ghazni)
    Former Army infantry squad leader
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    NR-EMT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't think so. If I have one within reach, I'll do so. Otherwise, I don't.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a nonresident AZ permit & my info states that there is no duty to inform, however you must have the permit on you if you're carrying & present it to the officer if asked for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Per ARS 13-3112, paragraph A:

"The department of public safety shall issue a permit to carry a concealed weapon to a person who is qualified under this section. The person shall carry the permit at all times when the person is in actual possession of the concealed weapon and is required by section 4-229 or 4-244 to carry the permit. If the person is in actual possession of the concealed weapon and is required by section 4-229 or 4-244 to carry the permit, the person shall present the permit for inspection to any law enforcement officer on request."

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/03112.htm