View Poll Results: How has inflation affected your gun-related purchasing?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have not changed my purchasing at all.

19 17.59%
  • I have reduced my purchasing slightly.

29 26.85%
  • I have substantially reduced or completely eliminated gun-related purchases.

22 20.37%
  • Who cares? I'm buying all I can get before the Democrats take over!

38 35.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has inflation affected your gun, accessory, & ammo budget?

Feedback Score

Has inflation affected your gun, accessory, & ammo budget?

What affect have high gas prices (and food prices, etc.) had on your purchasing of guns, accessories, & ammo?

If you are cutting back, where?

Feedback Score
    I'm not cutting back on gun purchasing, but I don't go out and shoot as much. Saves probably $100 a week going half as much, so that's a big bill paid at the end of the month that I otherwise couldn't have managed. My range is about 30 minutes away, too, so that affects things, too. $4.25 a gallon for gas here.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    The price of ammo is absolutely killer.

Feedback Score
    I've actually increased gun purchases a little bit lately. Better put, I've sold certain calibres and replaced with guns of the same calibre.

explaination... sold .38, .40, 357 mag, 45 long colts, 20 guage shotties,

added to my collection of 9's and a couple more .45 acp's

now i only have to purchase 9mm .45 .223 abd 12 guage ammo.

The saving in ammo translates into more firearms in the calibres that I've chosen and it's been fun. I've recently bought a couple of m&p 9's (burwell customized one and a standard), a cz75b, sig p239 a springfield 1911 GI (for customizing) and most recently an HK45. I think i've spent 3 or 4 grand on guns and parts in the last couple of months and will actually come out ahead by reducing the variety of bullets that I have to feed them. After I sold a bunch of my other guns in the other calibres my ammo bill that I was placing that week went from around 1500 down to 450. That was the HK all by itself on one order.

I'm also shooting more of what I have now. The higher cost of ammo has really changed the dynamic of what costs more... buying the firearms or shooting them. Even premium firearms are a fraction of what a good store of ammo for it can cost.

I do like to shoot 3 or 4 hundred rounds when I go out there and I do like to shoot often. I can shoot on my property so that cost isn't really a factor. By reducing the variety of sizes I've increased what I actually do shoot. I probably could have saved even more by going to only 9mm, 12g, and .223 but i can't just not shoot a .45.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron S. View Post
    I'm not cutting back on gun purchasing, but I don't go out and shoot as much. Saves probably $100 a week going half as much, so that's a big bill paid at the end of the month that I otherwise couldn't have managed. My range is about 30 minutes away, too, so that affects things, too. $4.25 a gallon for gas here.
    Holy crap, man. If you save $400/mo by shooting half as much...that's a damn lot of shooting. Want to trade budgets?

As far as the original question, I typically shoot on my family's land, which is about a hour away so high gas certainly holds me back, but we're down there fairly often whether I shoot or not. The high price of ammo is killer more than any other the other price increases.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    Optics and accessories.....is very painful...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Holy crap, man. If you save $400/mo by shooting half as much...that's a damn lot of shooting. Want to trade budgets?
    LOL...I like to shoot a good 3-400 rounds every Sunday. I'll go to the range for a few hours. I'll usually shoot 200-250 of .223, 50 of 9mm, and another hundred or so of 7.62x54R.

I don't buy guns all that much, though. I've only got I think 6 or 7 rifles. Still don't have my handgun permit, either. No real need, but I'll probably get it anyway, because it's only gonna get harder.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My budget has taken a small beating of late.

This is primarily due to have a 17 year old recent HS grad at home, and the purchase of a new Grand Cherokee for ME!

I still spend as much as I can on firearm items, but I will most likely have to cut back some due to having a car payment for the first time in 20 years...

Feedback Score
    I have actually bought a lot more ammo, so that I have a stockpile that will keep it's value as the dollar falls.

Feedback Score
    nothing has changed for me. single with disposable income.

though the disposable income isn't as big as it used to be.
    Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, “Baa.” Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast