Dude! Where's my gun?

Damn! A dozen M16's.....

Hill AFB searching for missing case of M-16s
    Rifles might have fallen off vehicle while being moved on the base
    By Matthew D. LaPlante
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated:06/05/2008 12:57:57 AM MDT

Already smarting from a high-profile misplacement of nuclear missile components, the accidental burning of radioactive uranium and a friendly fire incident at the Utah Test and Training Range, Hill Air Force Base officials on Wednesday acknowledged that they were searching for a case of missing M-16 assault rifles.
    Base personnel said security was out in full force Tuesday as the officials attempted to locate the shipping case, which contained a dozen of the military's standard small-caliber weapon.
    "It's possible that the rifles fell off a government vehicle while being moved from one location on base to another," 75th Air Base Wing commander Linda Medler said in a statement.
    She called the recovery of the missing weapons "our top priority."
    Hill officials were silent on further details, including which unit on base was responsible for the loss, citing a "continuing investigation."
    Officials asked for assistance from the public, saying that anyone with information about the loss should contact base security or their local law enforcement agency.
    mlaplante@sltrib.com

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Ok, I am trying to figure this out. I have transported weapons and ammo enough in the miitary, to include foreign countries and this one bends my brain. We always ensured that the weapons were secured in the vehicle and then doors, gates, etc...were locked. So my next question would be exactly how did they move these things? I wonder if there is more to the story or if someone was just a complete idiot when this went down.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    some supply SGT got a case of new toys i bet.

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    I saw that on the news...

I was on craigslist.com right after looking for deals...
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Gee, lets hope they don't fall into the right hande.lol

Feedback Score

Update....strange

Hill AFB: Man who snatched M-16s returns them to security officials
    By Matthew D. LaPlante
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated:06/06/2008 02:25:20 PM MDT

Updated: 12:58 PM- A man who took a case of M-16 assault rifles that fell from the back of a Humvee on Tuesday afternoon at Hill Air Force Base arranged to return the guns to security officials on Friday morning.
    The man called base officials from a pay phone and left the guns behind a horse trailer on base, a Hill spokesman said. The man, who did not identify himself and may still face charges if he is found, also left a letter of apology. It's still unclear why the man took the box of 12 guns, worth up to $5,000 each on the black market, after the case fell from a truck belonging to an as-of-yet unidentified unit at Hill. The incident occurred about 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.
    Several witnesses said they saw the unidentified green box in the road and several others claimed to have seen a middle-aged white male, medium height and heavyset with gray hair and wearing civilian clothes, lifting it into a car.
    Air Base Wing Commander Linda Medler and Hill Air Force Base Commander Kathleen Close earlier had refused through a spokesman to answer questions about the unit involved. Hill has been embroiled in a chain of mishaps and scandals recently, including a friendly fire incident at the Utah Test and Training Range, the accidental burning of radioactive materials at a civilian incinerator and the mistaken transfer of nuclear missile parts to Taiwan. The latter debacle was in part responsible for Thursday's resignation of the Air Force's two top officials.
    In the case of the missing rifles, Air Base Wing Security Commander Shannon Smith said the unit that lost the weapons was returning from field exercises and had loaded the container onto the flatbed back of a Humvee, but failed to secure the case; it apparently fell out of the truck just south of the base's Roy Gate.
    By the time the unit's airmen arrived at their destination and realized the weapons were missing, several commuters had already reported to base security that they had spotted a green box in the road. But by the time personnel from base security returned to the place where the weapons fell, the box was gone.
    Smith said it might have taken up to an hour before all base gates were shut down and checks were being made of all cars leaving the base. But he also said that the person who picked up the weapons easily could have had them off the base before security had even been alerted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That guy should have just called 911 when he found that case. At least he had enough of a conscience to return it.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Glad the guy returned them...