Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Dynamics DVD

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    So has anyone gone to a single point sling after watching the vid? I changed to one (from a vickers/blue force) after Travis showed me some limitations and Eric Torres demonstrated how to use one well.
    I've always used 2 points, because I don't like the floppiness of the 1 points. After watching the vids I was very tempted to switch. I think that the new Magpul system that was introduced at SHOT that transitions from a 1 point to a 2 point is going to be the answer. It has the best of both worlds. The easy manuevering of the 1 point and the stability of the 2 point. I am anxiously awaiting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    .... I'm also highly selective of where my money goes and what it goes for.
    Damn, I wish I could say that about myself.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by normal View Post
    I've always used 2 points, because I don't like the floppiness of the 1 points. After watching the vids I was very tempted to switch.
    I think there's an over emphasis on the need to be able to go support side for the average citizen.

I do practice support side shooting, but for non SWAT types or people not doing door to doors in Iraq, I think the need to be able to instantly transition is overblown.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I think there's an over emphasis on the need to be able to go support side for the average citizen.

I do practice support side shooting, but for non SWAT types or people not doing door to doors in Iraq, I think the need to be able to instantly transition is overblown.
    I'm on the verge of being out of my lane here, but I agree. I also think matching the sling to the rifle is a factor -- a single point doesn't make as much sense on my 16" middy as it would on an 10.5" SBR.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I'm on the verge of being out of my lane here, but I agree. I also think matching the sling to the rifle is a factor -- a single point doesn't make as much sense on my 16" middy as it would on an 10.5" SBR.
    I agree with matching the sling to both the rifle and the mission. The VCAS does this very well generally speaking, but the new MagPul sling may also fill a niche here.

I am also unconvinced that "instant" shoulder transitions are a necessary thing to practice at - in a dynamic environment I wouldn't be wasting time with it. It (weak side shooting) is a tool that one needs to be familiar with though, no doubt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    I agree with matching the sling to both the rifle and the mission. The VCAS does this very well generally speaking, but the new MagPul sling may also fill a niche here.

I am also unconvinced that "instant" shoulder transitions are a necessary thing to practice at - in a dynamic environment I wouldn't be wasting time with it. It (weak side shooting) is a tool that one needs to be familiar with though, no doubt.
    I think the VCAS/Boonie Packer style slings are fine for support/weak side transitions, you just need to practice it....doing it without knowing that you have to adjust the sling first could find you choking yourself with your sling.

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Fast is good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Edwards View Post
    After training with these guys, I still have to get off my 4th point of contact and get the vids. God knows I can't get enough of "pig pen", taped shoes and all. It would be good for sustainment training.

BOOM.

Feedback Score
    Finally received the DVDs! ! !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Finally received the DVDs! ! !
    And soon to be another happy customer.

Feedback Score
    Discs 1 and 2 work fine and must say, very informative. Many points to consider. Now, for some reason or another, Disc.3 doesn't work?

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast