Thread: Humor me on this one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Humor me on this one

I'm just exploring this idea as for now. With that said, what if someone had a 12" upper and plans on getting a trust/ tax stamp as soon as the money is available. In the meantime, purchased (if it's long enough) a s&w enhanced fh to install to make it legal length to shoot. Does anyone know exactly what the s&w fh length is? Maybe there is another alternative that I don't know about. As I stated earlier I am just exploring the idea for now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This is more NFA forum material... but in any case. I wouldn't perm any muzzle device on an upper I planned to use for an SBR build. Lock the upper away til the papers are in order.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The simplest solution is to build the lower into a pistol configuration until your paperwork comes back
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    MistWolf
    I didn't think of the pistol route. To satisfy my curiosity I am hoping someone here has the spec's on that s&w fh.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Moved to the NFA forum.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you perm a muzzle device, you'll regret doing it when you decide to un-perm it.

Just wait for the stamp to come back or buy one of those cornball braces.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Get a sig arm brace deal

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would want to keep it a rifle configuration. 12" barrel + 4" (?)flash hider = legal. Just thinking a little spot weld could be dremmel'd off later.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post
    I would want to keep it a rifle configuration. 12" barrel + 4" (?)flash hider = legal. Just thinking a little spot weld could be dremmel'd off later.

jpgm
    You might want to know the law first...

The ATF procedure for measuring barrel length is to measure from the closed bolt (or breech-face) to the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device. Permanent methods of attachment include full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100°F) silver soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over. Barrels are measured by inserting a dowel rod into the barrel until the rod stops against the bolt or breech-face. The rod is then marked at the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device, withdrawn from the barrel, and measured.