Thread: Silencer Shop tests the SF Ryder 22-A

Feedback Score

Silencer Shop tests the SF Ryder 22-A

Mark at Silencer Shop got the video up of the Surefire Ryder 22 while I was out there in Austin and got to go to the range with him. At the end he even got to play with the new 300 BO suppressor I brought out.

http://www.silencershop.com/video/su...formance-test/

Garin Lee
    Garin Lee
    SureFire Suppressor Division
    Garin@SureFire.com

Feedback Score
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing.

I am just getting into suppressors with my first ones (2 are SOCOM RCs) still in jail so these may be stupid questions.

I have heard some .22 suppressors are better on suited to rifles versus handguns. Is this true of the Ryder? If so , which is the Ryder better suited?

Nick

Feedback Score
    We did every thing we could to make the SF Ryder 22-A work on rifles and pistols and both are insanely quiet and accurate. We tested with CCI standard velocity.
    Garin Lee
    Garin@SureFire.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing the link and providing some video coverage with the Silencer shop. I'm surprised no one else is asking for details on the 300 B/O can shown at the end. Is there anything you can share?

Feedback Score
    I can't share too much info on it right now. It has a completely new baffle design, will have a thread on only and fast attach version, can handle 7.62 but designed from the ground up for 300 B/O. We are planning a big release on it with all the details pretty damn soon.
    Garin Lee
    Garin@SureFire.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Fantastic. Hopefully it will make it's way to dealers before the end of year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudu22 View Post
    We did every thing we could to make the SF Ryder 22-A work on rifles and pistols and both are insanely quiet and accurate. We tested with CCI standard velocity.
    Thanks for the information, Garin. I just put the Ryder on my short list for next .22 suppressor.

Nick

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I would've loved to see that video with a bolt gun. How loud is the action on a 10/22? I know on an AR the action alone is like 110dB

It seems much easier to disassemble than, for example, my AAC Pilot 2.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Intriguing as I just ordered a Savage FV-SR and I'm looking at homes across the river in a state that will allow me to own a suppressor. Nothing like asking the wife to relocate so I can expand my firearm hobby.