Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for the next shortage?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Are you ready for the next shortage?

Just what the title says. Ammo is getting cheaper by the week and, except for .22LR, you can find pretty much everything at pre-Newtown levels.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't buy ammo, but I could use a few specific Gun powders. Powder is still mysteriously absent from the shelves.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I loaded up on mags when they came down (I have plenty but had a lot of people that should know better asking me if I knew where to find any last time around).

I was ready for the last several panics in the ammo department too but am taking advantage of falling prices when I can to pad things out.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If everyone here would send my 5 gallons of once fired .223 brass, I'd be happy. My pool of brass is aging.... quickly.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Are you ready for the next shortage?

I'm all set... I thought. Two years ago I bought enough powder for what I thought would be at least 10 years worth. Well, it was more like 3. ****ing 7.62 ammo chews up the powder way more than I anticipated. I'm in relatively good shape, loaded ammo wise but I'd like to have a bigger stock of powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ryno12; 06-17-14 at 15:41.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I don't typically buy loaded ammo, but I've been searching for a few certain powders that have been MIA for a while now... it seems like the hunt is more fun than the kill.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 06-17-14 at 15:59.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't buy ammo, but I could use a few specific Gun powders. Powder is still mysteriously absent from the shelves.
    You'd have your brass if you bought ammo

Wolf GOLD seems like an exceptional deal if you're a reloader. $350 shipped per 1000rds and it's boxer primed.

I had no idea powder was short. Whats up with that?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    I could always use more powder, primers, bullets, and brass
    Primers and bullets are everywhere. It's the powder that's just non existent.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You'd have your brass if you bought ammo

Wolf GOLD seems like an exceptional deal if you're a reloader. $350 shipped per 1000rds and it's boxer primed.
    Damn. Pappabear was talking about buying some ammo. I say it's too early. I've been watching ammo sit on the shelves. It will have to go cheaper still.

I had no idea powder was short. Whats up with that?
    I don't really know. I'm not sure if it's gobbled up before retail, or something else.

There was an email flyer from some online retailer saying that they saved this batch of powder for "retail". I wonder what the other option for the powder was. Commercial reloading?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Primers and bullets are everywhere. It's the powder that's just non existent.
    Yeah, but I still don't have enough if there were to be another shortage. I need to start stacking up, but other things in life are taking precedence at the moment...

I've been finding primers more and more around town. Unfortunately they are still selling at somewhat inflated prices unless you want to order them. Certain bullets are still kind of scarce, but most are coming back around.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast