Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for the next shortage?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    Yeah, but I still don't have enough if there were to be another shortage.
    That's true. I can remember when Pappabear would drop by and hand me 8 lbs of whatever powder like nothing. "Okay... Cool. Put it over on the shelf."

Fudge me!!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I am not ready for the next shortage because I shoot...... A LOT.
    I can't keep ammo around long. I'm like an ammo crackhead. Do you really think crackheads have any extra crack lying around just incase their dealer gets locked up?
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Primers & projos are everywhere, at least around here. I kick myself in the ass though; about 2 months ago I called my local honey hole & they had two 8 pounders of H322 & some 1 pounders of Varget in stock. I thought screw it, I'll wait & swing by on the weekend when I have more time. They were sold out when I called to confirm that following Saturday.

On the the flip side, I'm doing what I can to help you guys out with 22LR. I haven't bought or shot that crap in over 10 years. Last time was to eradicate some critters around the house. My 10/22 has sat dormant ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    I'll never be ready! I have a good supply of components, but how long will the next one last and how much will prices increase?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If everyone here would send my 5 gallons of once fired .223 brass, I'd be happy. My pool of brass is aging.... quickly.
    I was hoping to be the hook up with some of those surplus brass auctions we were watching during the late unpleasantness but you saw where those prices went.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Those things get bid up to fukktard levels. I don't know who's getting them, but the price they pay is stupid.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Primers and bullets are everywhere. It's the powder that's just non existent.
    That's essentially our situation here as well. I'm good on factory ammo, along with projectiles, primers and brass.

But I'd love to find some kegs of Bullseye and Ramshot TAC on the shelf.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Buy it cheap, stack it deep.

You guys have a little bit of time before the great scared of 2016 will occur with Hilary...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yup, just what I have been doing. I live within walking distance of Cabela's. Every time they put primers or projectiles on sale, I buy a bunch.

And I have been fortunate on most of my training classes this year. I brought food, ice water and Gatorade for all the students, and most of them gave me their brass in return.

Feedback Score
    I'm waiting for some further price drops and then back the truck up.
    It's dropping further every week now just have to be patient. Bought some here and there when a deal popped up but looking for that bottom to jump big.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast