Thread: Savage Arms Custom Model 11 - 300 BLKOUT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Savage Arms Custom Model 11 - 300 BLKOUT

SOLD

This rifle started out as a brand-new Savage model 11 Hog Hunter. From there, before even shooting it, you could say I went a little "hog wild".

I switched calibers from 308 WIN to 300 BLKOUT. I also upgraded the barrel, stock, and bottom metal. My goal was to build a lightweight hunting rifle that would also work with my centerfire suppressor. In short, below are the details of this upgraded rifle;

- 16" long x 1/8" twist McGowen button-rifled match-grade stainless barrel
    - Savage magnum contour, muzzle threaded 5/8-24 tpi (class III)
    - Manners Elite Hunter EH4 stock in OD Green
    - Accurate Mag Savage center-feed bottom metal
    - Includes AI 10-round magazine
    - Phoenix Custom Rifles "Marksman" bolt knob upgrade
    - Barreled action and bottom metal professionally pillar-bedded by Manners
    - Includes Accu-Shot Picatinny rail section for bipod (not included) or a QD sling swivel
    - Includes Burris 0 MOA two-piece Picatinny scope mounts
    - The Savage Accu-Trigger breaks at a crisp 3 pounds
    -As shown, the rifle weighs 7.5 pounds

I have only shot about 20 rounds. And I began my testing by trying to find a subsonic load for my suppressor, so I don't have any accuracy reports.

Also consider swapping the barrel for a shorty 223. It would make this thing a sweet little carbine.

Why am I selling it?

I am a long-time Remington guy, and frankly I wish I would have stayed that way. My brother talked me into trying a Savage, so he is to blame! But seriously, I just don't like the way the rifle functions. The bolt is just too sloppy. I can't run it too fast or too hard, or it jams up. And about 10% of the time empty brass falls back into the chamber. Maybe it is the rifle, or maybe it is just me. Whatever the reason, I'm going to try my luck with Big Green instead. My loss is your gain.

Asking $850 shipped to your FFL. Must be willing to accept from individuals

Thanks for looking

Last edited by glock24; 06-18-14 at 22:01.