Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LEO bias here

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That is a mighty wide brush you're painting with OP. I think most of what you think you're seeing here is a hesitation to jump to media sensationalism so often used to drum up such sentiments.

However, I think what gets most people so agitated when LEO conduct type threads appear, is that tyranny first raises its head through a man with questionable integrity with a badge. Thankfully, nearly all the officers I have encountered take their responsibilities very very seriously and conduct themselves in a professional manner. I think its a natural reaction to question/fear/loathe at times men that have authority over other men. Is that your issue? Speeding ticket today?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebarracuda View Post
    That is a mighty wide brush you're painting with OP. I think most of what you think you're seeing here is a hesitation to jump to media sensationalism so often used to drum up such sentiments.

However, I think what gets most people so agitated when LEO conduct type threads appear, is that tyranny first raises its head through a man with questionable integrity with a badge. Thankfully, nearly all the officers I have encountered take their responsibilities very very seriously and conduct themselves in a professional manner. I think its a natural reaction to question/fear/loathe at times men that have authority over other men. Is that your issue? Speeding ticket today?
    It's interesting because this thread has been around all day and the OP sure is reluctant to respond to anyone else's responses.......
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's a protected class. Like homosexuals and minorities.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wake.joe View Post
    It's a protected class. Like homosexuals and minorities.

ahem...
    What?

ETA, since I see that you are posting from your phone, and therefore probably using tapatalk, so, just to be clear; I'm a moderator, and you have my attention.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think that l.e. employees are supervised and scrutinized by their chain of command more closely than any other group. This fact may be their biggest source of stress. In many respects a cop can't do anything right because citizens bitch when told things that they don't want to hear, and they bitch when cited for infractions, and they bitch when arrested for whatever. Citizens shit, piss and vomit in cop cars; occasionally they hit, kick, and spit on cops, and sometimes they cut and shoot them. Need I point out that it's a thankless job? So don't be surprised that the next patrolman that pulls you over for speeding doesn't jump up and kiss your ass
    if you ask why he ain't chasing murderers, rapist, and thieves.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I did 'cheer' the actions of the LEOs in Florida(?) that fired some ridiculous amount of ammo at two suspects thread. I 'cheered' because it broke a long stint of LEOs being blind sided and killed for following the rules. I also 'cheered' because every LEO went home, maybe on suspension or fired, but home none the less.

I believe that would be a good thread to look at OP. Not many here agreed with the LEOs actions that day. Hardly a 'above refute' response to LEOs in that thread.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    ....In many respects a cop can't do anything right because citizens bitch when told things that they don't want to hear, and they bitch when cited for infractions, and they bitch when arrested for whatever....
    You can drive the speed limit and lead a parade everywhere you go or you can speed to match the flow of traffic and have someone call in on you for speeding.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Untouchable and infallible - that's quite interesting. As a moderator, I have infracted and even banned LEO's here. It seems someone forgot to inform me that they were off-limits.

To the OP: I would encourage you to rethink your post. Honestly - what was the point of it? If you think that M4C is "out of whack" and mistakes are made with LEO behavior, then I would encourage you to use the "Report Post" button. If something is wrong, tell us. "You guys are a joke" does not seem like a terrific way to engage the folks here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    ahem...
    What?

ETA, since I see that you are posting from your phone, and therefore probably using tapatalk, so, just to be clear; I'm a moderator, and you have my attention.

That any criticism of an officer is "cop bashing" while the same criticism of anyone else is fair game.

It is a double standard that has been so heavily imprinted on this forums consciousness that it gets passed off as just.

Exactly the same way that you can not criticize a protected class, such as my examples above, anywhere else in the world. That's why no one questions you swinging your modness over a simple comment that conveys an opinion.

Last edited by wake.joe; 06-19-14 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I disagree with your opinion and your phrasing, but if that's your perspective, so be it. So long as you can communicate your view without being disruptive to M4, you can express your opinion without consequence from the staff, just the same as if you criticized any other group or individual.

Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast