View Poll Results: Here are the calibers announced as of now.

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7.62x51

4 40.00%

2 20.00%
  • 6.8 SPC

2 20.00%
  • .300 BLK

2 20.00%

Thread: Which caliber do you want your Desert Tech MDR chambered in?

Feedback Score

Which caliber do you want your Desert Tech MDR chambered in?

The months are quickly running out before distribution begins! Any thoughts on what you want your MDR to be capable of?

Here's a link with a bunch of new photos: http://www.all4shooters.com/en/news/...ullpup-system/

Update: I forgot about 7.62x39!!! Sorry folks, if that's your vote just leave a comment.
    Last edited by Tacti-square; 06-20-14 at 03:34.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't care what it is chambered in.

All the new rifles introduced with the intent to supplant the AR have completely missed the ball by forgetting the key AR advantages of extreme durability, ease of user maintenance, reasonable cost, accuracy, and easy access to high quality parts.

Put out a gun that is actually dependable, doesn't have any stupid design warts, and is a pleasure to own and I'll shoot it in any service caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ag08 View Post
    I don't care what it is chambered in.

All the new rifles introduced with the intent to supplant the AR have completely missed the ball by forgetting the key AR advantages of extreme durability, ease of user maintenance, reasonable cost, accuracy, and easy access to high quality parts.

Put out a gun that is actually dependable, doesn't have any stupid design warts, and is a pleasure to own and I'll shoot it in any service caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not so sure about the durability thing. AR design rifles break bolts, which isn't a common failing with other designs.

ARs and parts for them are cheap because they are so popular and you get economies of scale. Other, superior designs don't have that advantage and are going to cost more if made to the same standard of quality. If made cheaply enough to be competitive to and AR the competitive rifle is going to have to cut major corners, like the Sig 556 did.

We get AKs cheap because we get to take advantage of 40 years of command economy stockpiling them. Now they are selling off the work they did earlier for hard currency. Even weapons made in the former Warsaw pact with cheap labor don't sell for much under $1000.

H

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Would the 7.62x39 accept ak mags? If so I'd vote yes for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSledgehammer View Post
    Would the 7.62x39 accept ak mags? If so I'd vote yes for it.
    Hit up Desert Tech about just that. They'll respond accordingly and are taking suggestions for mag spacers.

Feedback Score
    To ag08:

I really despise extremist skeptics like you. You truly don't sound like a very agreeable person. You have no idea if the MDR is inferior or not to the AR. Judging from the piston system as well as DTA's track record, it will be just as if not even more reliable than the market standard. If people like you never give other platforms a chance, of course the AR will have the most cost-effectiveness. It doesn't necessarily mean it's the best option. Not by a long shot.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    No personal attacks, that is a violation of forum rules.