Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: opscore fast maritime vs. crye precision airframe

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Not sure as I sold it last year for an Ops-Core.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I know, a little late to the party, but hopeful anyway.

Looking for advice:

I just sold my size M/L Ops Core High Cut Ballistic because it was a little too small. I mean I could wear it, but not comfortably and definitely not for an extended period. I have a MSA ACH size Large that fits (in my opinion) perfect. My melon is 24". I am leaning towards the Airframe size Large, but also considering the Team Wendy Exfil ballistic in size 2. I hate helmets that are too large and "weeble wobble" (that coupled with a big head complex anyway) and would almost rather have one that caused fainting from a lack of circulation than one that is too big.

Does anyone have a recommendation on which one may fit a 24" head better than the other. I guess I am looking for one that fits like a size Large MSA ACH or just a little bigger than a M/L OPS Core?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    what size new aged fitted cap do you wear?

Quote Originally Posted by ACMcGaha View Post
    Yes, I know, a little late to the party, but hopeful anyway.

Looking for advice:

I just sold my size M/L Ops Core High Cut Ballistic because it was a little too small. I mean I could wear it, but not comfortably and definitely not for an extended period. I have a MSA ACH size Large that fits (in my opinion) perfect. My melon is 24". I am leaning towards the Airframe size Large, but also considering the Team Wendy Exfil ballistic in size 2. I hate helmets that are too large and "weeble wobble" (that coupled with a big head complex anyway) and would almost rather have one that caused fainting from a lack of circulation than one that is too big.

Does anyone have a recommendation on which one may fit a 24" head better than the other. I guess I am looking for one that fits like a size Large MSA ACH or just a little bigger than a M/L OPS Core?

Feedback Score
    I really have no idea. I haven't worn anything but a stretchy fitted hat in awhile. I'm guessing it would be a good idea to find out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I really have no idea. I haven't worn anything but a stretchy fitted hat in awhile. I'm guessing it would be a good idea to find out?

it's not a 100% sure shot. there are variations in size even for MLB caps. wool also shrinks. but it is the most ubiquitous head size measuring system on the market and the only way I can compare what you have to what I have.

Feedback Score
    7 5/8 off the shelf - ubiquitous was a great choice btw.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    7 5/8 off the shelf - ubiquitous was a great choice btw.

ok, i have a 7 1/4 hat size and i wear a s/m crye airframe. I would say the fit is perfect for me. no excess pressure from pads. no excess movement from looseness. even without straps buckled it is a perfect fit and doesn't move under shaking.

http://mshop.mlb.com/info/index.jsp?categoryId=3072899

judging by this chart here you are two sizes larger for an mlb cap. (hopefully you actually went to the store and tried a hat on, sometimes a tape measure doesn't tell the whole story)

http://tnvc.com/shop/crye-precision-...helmet/Medium: (20.5″ – 22.5″), Large: (22.5″ – 24.5″), XL: (24.5″ +)

tnvc gives the following for sizing.

it looks like you're in the middle of the size range for large.
    Last edited by trinydex; 04-12-15 at 16:09.

Feedback Score
    Thanks man. I appreciate you taking the time to look that up. Yes, I tried on about 10 of em'...

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I had weeble wobble with my Airframe. I think it all depends on your head shape but I didn't play around with the pad config too much as the stock one was the most comfortable for me.

I like the worm dial system but haven't tried the TW solution (BOA). Have you considered another Ops-Core?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So, what's the difference between the OpsCore and the Maritime? Lighter materials with the same threat level ratings?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast