Thread: Magazine maintenance

Feedback Score

Magazine maintenance

A newbie question: What is a good maintenance to make the magazines last longer? Here the mags are not only expensive but pretty hard to get, so it is a real issue. Until the US Dept. of State makes AR parts exports easier I will have to make use of them as long as possible.
    So far I exchanged some of the followers that were giving me trouble for MagPull orange ones and so far so good. I plan to change the rest of them when they start to be jam-o-matic. Or should I do it right away?
    I also have an old 20-rnd straight Colt magazine that jams and I would like to use it. Any simple way to make it work?
    Thanks for responses

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugaboo
    A newbie question: What is a good maintenance to make the magazines last longer? Here the mags are not only expensive but pretty hard to get, so it is a real issue. Until the US Dept. of State makes AR parts exports easier I will have to make use of them as long as possible.
    So far I exchanged some of the followers that were giving me trouble for MagPull orange ones and so far so good. I plan to change the rest of them when they start to be jam-o-matic. Or should I do it right away?
    I also have an old 20-rnd straight Colt magazine that jams and I would like to use it. Any simple way to make it work?
    Thanks for responses
    Spring and followers are the two big items to change out (especially the followers). I have put together rebuild kits utilizing Magpul followers and ISMI CS springs. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=1459

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    Spring and followers are the two big items to change out (especially the followers). I have put together rebuild kits utilizing Magpul followers and ISMI CS springs. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=1459

C4
    Well, I have one half of the set, the followers. I have, so far, more followers than magazines. I would be happy to buy another 10 mags, even USGI plain-jane. Any offers?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Try C Products mags. I know they are like 9 buck a pop at Global Tactical Supply. And that is with the CS springs and Magpul followers. Buy them cheap and stack them deep.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.