Thread: 10" BCM KMR on a 10.5" barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

10" BCM KMR on a 10.5" barrel?

Can you do this?

I have heard both ways. Yes it's fine and no it will/might damage the rail end.

I was considering replacing the standard DD MK18 rail that came on my 10.5" Noveske MK18 mod01 upper with a BCM KMR 10. (The current DD rail is about 9.5" or so.)

I know that the KMR is really only 10" on the sides at 3 and 9 o clock where it juts/tapers out a bit. I only have an A2 flash hider on the front and I don't really have any plans to put anything else on there.

-Thanks

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I don't see why it would be an issue. I would be concerned if the entire FH was enclosed in the rail but, in this case should be only the back portion and only on the sides.

If I am not mistaken there is a picture by member "RIDE" in the SBR thread that did this exact thing so maybe reach out to him.

Edit: I had a 11.5 barrel with 11" troy alpha rail which is pretty close to what you are asking. The back portion of the FH was covered but the ports were not and I had no issues with a few thousand rounds.
    Last edited by Aaron_B; 06-26-14 at 06:23.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've seen it done with a Griffin Comp and a BCM Comp, and it didn't look like there would be an issue.

I'd assume it would be fine with an A2.

However, I'd wait for some others to chime in...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TACAV View Post
    Can you do this?

I have heard both ways. Yes it's fine and no it will/might damage the rail end.

I was considering replacing the standard DD MK18 rail that came on my 10.5" Noveske MK18 mod01 upper with a BCM KMR 10. (The current DD rail is about 9.5" or so.)

I know that the KMR is really only 10" on the sides at 3 and 9 o clock where it juts/tapers out a bit. I only have an A2 flash hider on the front and I don't really have any plans to put anything else on there.

-Thanks
    I have the 10"KMR on a 10.5" barrel. I have about 240 rounds through it using the A2 with no issues whatsoever. Great setup!!

The longest point of the KMR is pretty much even with the very tip of the barrel (last thread).

Just last night I installed a new FH, replacing the A2 on this and I'll have a review after I put some rounds through it today.

Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    If you don't have any plans to ever run a suppressor then you shouldn't have any issues. Here's my Noveske 10.2" 300BLK with an A2 and a Troy MFR 10".

In this configuration I ran it briefly without a FH while I waited on my A2 to arrive and I can assure you that you DON'T want to try that. I got my finger out over the edge of the handguard and it blew a hole in my PIG gloves. I hindsight I'm glad that's all that happened. If anyone ever has doubts about the effectiveness of the A2 just take it off and run without it for a while...

My final configuration for this upper will be a BCM 9" KMR as I will be running it with a Saker 762.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by n517rv; 06-26-14 at 08:27. Reason: edited photo link

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by n517rv View Post
    Here's my Noveske 10.2" 300BLK with an A2 and a Troy MFR 10".
    The thing is, the KMR has side burns that extend further than 10.0. I bet if you run a crush washer that pushes the A2 up an extra 1/16th or so, it wouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't try this combo with a brake though...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies everyone and RIDE, can't wait for your update.