Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: interesting occurance at the ER

Feedback Score
    A couple of weeks ago a guy went into V-fib arrest in front of me. It was one of those strange situations where the guy was semi-conscious while we did CPR. He would even say "Noo!!!" everytime we said "Clear!" to shock him. This went on for 10 minutes before I intubated him while he went in and out of V-fib. I've seen similar but less prolonged cases where people are kept conscious with CPR.

My all time favorite was the stripper who came to our ED because her "butthole looked weird." She was convinced that her boyfriend was doing something wrong since all of her stripper friends "take it in the ass and their buttholes don't look nearly as big." I shit you not. In all fairness, it was pretty gaping.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-11-14 at 20:15.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    My all time favorite was the stripper who came to our ED because her "butthole looked weird." She was convinced that her boyfriend was doing something wrong since all of her stripper friends "take it in the ass and their buttholes don't look nearly as big." I shit you not. In all fairness, it was pretty gaping.
    And the diagnosis / treatment was?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Doc View Post
    And the diagnosis / treatment was?
    Taking waaaayyyy too much D up the A.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    A couple of weeks ago a guy went into V-fib arrest in front of me. It was one of those strange situations where the guy was semi-conscious while we did CPR. He would even say "Noo!!!" everytime we said "Clear!" to shock him. This went on for 10 minutes before I intubated him while he went in and out of V-fib. I've seen similar but less prolonged cases where people are kept conscious with CPR.
    I've seen similar situations in the cath lab with a patient becoming semi-conscious and reaching up when one of the larger/muscular techs was performing CPR. He'd pause briefly and the patient would drift back off. That's good CPR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FL2011 View Post
    I've seen similar situations in the cath lab with a patient becoming semi-conscious and reaching up when one of the larger/muscular techs was performing CPR. He'd pause briefly and the patient would drift back off. That's good CPR.
    I agree. I've never thumped that hard. I haven't seen anyone react like that even with the Lucas device.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456