Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti carrier tilt buffer assemblies are available.

Feedback Score
    I think your new buffer design is a very good idea for those who have installed the drop in retro piston kits and are having tilt wear. It is a simple drop in solution, great design!
    I have been keeping up with all the piston systems, and have shot and studied them all, they all have carrier tilt, its just the nature of the beast.
    You should well with your new buffer, there are several retro kits out there that need it, even if one of them are telling the public there system doesn't have carrier tilt.......................AD

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the compliments and the vote of confidence, it means alot.

I would love to be able to take apart, study and shoot alot of stuff. I gotta find a way to get involved in that. Honestly, I wouldnt have to shoot it, I just want to take stuff apart and see how it works, materials used and why, etc... Im a GEEK for getting my hands on shit just to take it apart.

Thanks again,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    Through a long line of calls and talking to different companies, friend of a friend kind of stuff. I found a much more reputable and cheaper distributor for my tunsten weights. Man am I glad I didnt go with the other place.
    Being 90% tungsten 6% nickel and 4% copper, they should be relatively easy to machine, cut etc... I'm going to receive two sample pieces an 1/8" longer than I need, so I'll be able to see how easy they are to grind and or machine. Basically the samples will be cut or ground to proper length and put into two seperate buffers and sent out. One for testing and another for working prototype evaluation for marketing and distribution. Its been a pretty good last couple days.
    This tungsten distributor I found has a lifetime customer in me.

Just throwin it out there, dont know if anyones interested.

Seth H.

Feedback Score
    The tungsten cut alittle tough but machined just fine with carbide tooling. I finished up two parts and sent them out yesterday. I hope to hear good things as this maybe a start to a future of not having to break my back in the construction industry anymore. My back is crap after 10 years of framing and its a must to find a less tolling line of work.

Anyway, thats all I got for now. More coming, hopefully good.

Seth H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Probably a stupid question, but have you tried adding a bit of a chamfer to the indexing nipple? Would that take too much material away for it to be effective in combatting tilt? I'm not thinking about making the profile more conical as suggested earlier, just taking a bit of edge off to perhaps make takedown a little easier. Great idea though, good luck with the development.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    Probably a stupid question, but have you tried adding a bit of a chamfer to the indexing nipple? Would that take too much material away for it to be effective in combatting tilt? I'm not thinking about making the profile more conical as suggested earlier, just taking a bit of edge off to perhaps make takedown a little easier. Great idea though, good luck with the development.
    There is a 10 degree bevel that matures to full diameter in half the length of the nipple, thats just for ease of indexing. As far as making take down simpler with a chamfer or relief, the angle would be so steep that like you said, it would take to much material away to be effective in combatting tilt.

Thanks for the reply,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    I bought a domain name and hosting yesterday, Im starting a web site for my venture. The company name is alittle bold but after awhile and a few more products maybe it will be more fitting. Everyone has to start somehow and somewhere, I guess thats what this is for me. I'll post a link when its ready.
    Thanks,
    SethH.

Feedback Score
    Congrats Seth,
    Man I wish you were here local in GA, as we could hook up with some of the machines I'll be purchasing eventually, and we could really do some machining!
    Anyhow, I'm just curious, what do you mean by "bold"?? What name did you go with?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Congrats Seth,
    Man I wish you were here local in GA, as we could hook up with some of the machines I'll be purchasing eventually, and we could really do some machining!
    Anyhow, I'm just curious, what do you mean by "bold"?? What name did you go with?
    B.R.A.S.S.
    Battle Ready Armament System Solutions.

A buddy of mine came up with it and I like it alot!! but I just dont know if it fits me and my parts, ya know? Im a pretty humble guy and I dont want a name to make me sound like more than I am.
    Like I said though after a few more products and some pleased customers, maybe it'll be more fitting and not so huge company-ish.

Thanks Paul,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Harness View Post
    B.R.A.S.S.
    Battle Ready Armament System Solutions.

A buddy of mine came up with it and I like it alot!! but I just dont know if it fits me and my parts, ya know? Im a pretty humble guy and I dont want a name to make me sound like more than I am.
    Like I said though after a few more products and some pleased customers, maybe it'll be more fitting and not so huge company-ish.

Thanks Paul,
    Seth H.
    Well, if you're feeling humble, just take off the "Battle Ready" portion. Oh wait...er, nevermind. Good luck with your venture, I wish I was brave and creative enough to start something like that.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast