Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti carrier tilt buffer assemblies are available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    Well, if you're feeling humble, just take off the "Battle Ready" portion. Oh wait...er, nevermind. Good luck with your venture, I wish I was brave and creative enough to start something like that.
    HAHA thats good, I may give that some thought

Thanks for the "good luck". It may go nowhere or it may go alittle ways and stop, who knows but I have to try regardless. I just feel like its something I have to do.

Thanks for the reply,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    I took this one up to a shop in Iowa yesterday, just north of Cedar Rapids. The owner told me he liked the idea and wants to start selling these with some new piston uppers. So if I could have twenty of them done by the end of the month, he would take them.
    YAAA-HOOO

Sorry about that.

Actually I told him I would work real hard for that goal, but I wasnt sure I could acheive it. He told me ten would be OK but Im still going to shoot for twenty. Well I was happier than a pig in shit and still am kinda, now its 6:50 AM the next morning and I gotta get to work. So here are some shots of the part I took to show that guy. I also noticed there were no pics of the part complete in my original thread so here you go.

BTW- The cross hatching on the weight tube/spring area was for dress up. Something other than machine marks. It looks much better in person.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Good luck on this and who know where it will lead you. All entrepreneurs have to take some bold steps sometimes to make things happen. BTW- I have a suggestion for the name.

Weapons Ready Armament System Solutions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These things would look pretty nice after a couple of minutes in a tumbler to smooth out the finish, then maybe a clear anodize finish. I don't know how much that would add to the price and time though. Whenever I needed something anodized, I'd send it out with parts our machine shop was having done and claim it as a sample so I have no idea what actual cost is.

Congrats on the first of many successes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    what about making the part that keep the BCG in place fully round?

that would make field stripping easier without removing the front push pin since the BCG would push the buffer inside the receiver extension...

what do you think?

*** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Good luck on this and who know where it will lead you. All entrepreneurs have to take some bold steps sometimes to make things happen. BTW- I have a suggestion for the name.

Weapons Ready Armament System Solutions.

Iraqgunz,
    Thank you for the "good luck"

No matter what, I'll always hope for the best.

...and thats a pretty bad ass suggestion.

Thanks again,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    These things would look pretty nice after a couple of minutes in a tumbler to smooth out the finish, then maybe a clear anodize finish. I don't know how much that would add to the price and time though. Whenever I needed something anodized, I'd send it out with parts our machine shop was having done and claim it as a sample so I have no idea what actual cost is.

Congrats on the first of many successes.

+1 on the tumble. $$$ Im not sure, I havnt priced that.

I did price hard coat anodizing. The "lot charge" is $148.00. That price divided by how many they can fit on the dip rack. The problem with the anodizing process is the reaction with the aluminum will leave it larger (.002"-.003") than when it went in. I could figure for all the parts to be .002"-.003" smaller than they need to be so they would come out the right size but the variance has me alittle worried. Im not ruling it out, just giving it a go without it for a bit. If in fact there is any wear problems (I dont anticipate any) I'll have to get serious about it.

THANK YOU MUCH on the "congrats" and thank you for your reply,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frens View Post
    what about making the part that keep the BCG in place fully round?

that would make field stripping easier without removing the front push pin since the BCG would push the buffer inside the receiver extension...

what do you think?

Your not the first to bring this up. I havnt tried that and the reason being, the carrier and the buffer are constantly being forced together (tight) by the buffer spring. I honestly believe the amount of material removed and the angle of the nipple to make it happen that way, would leave hardly any material to stop the tilt.

I also honestly believe the shoulder that stops the tilt should sqare off at some point and when it does, that renders the two halves from being seperated by just pulling the back pin.

Sorry if it isnt making sence, I can see it and I can do it in my head but I cant translate it into words, thats the best I can do. Im always thinking if new ideas, but Im also a fan of simple rock solid ideas.

Thank you very much for your reply,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's a pretty ingenious approach to the bolt tilting issue for piston guns. How well does it work?

I do have a question about the current nipple's profile. What is the chance that this will cause a lockup between the BCG and the buffer? Or are you allowing for a little bit more "play" between the hole at the rear of the BCG and your buffer's "nipple"? Or would a slightly tapered profile prevent this?
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    That's a pretty ingenious approach to the bolt tilting issue for piston guns. How well does it work?

I do have a question about the current nipple's profile. What is the chance that this will cause a lockup between the BCG and the buffer? Or are you allowing for a little bit more "play" between the hole at the rear of the BCG and your buffer's "nipple"? Or would a slightly tapered profile prevent this?
    First of all, Thank you.

It works great. Ive put over a hundred rounds on one since I started building them. I dont have any time to shoot, Im building these things as fast as I can .

The "nipple" has a 10 degree bevel that matures to full diameter in half the length of it. If there were any amount of play that would allow the carrier to wobble and beat the nipple up, a perfect size to just fit is the ticket.

Thanks for the reply,
    Seth H.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast