Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone sell 20" A2 Uppers 1:7 anymore?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Does anyone sell 20" A2 Uppers 1:7 anymore?

Hell, does anyone sell any 20" A2 Uppers at all? Seems everything is A4 these days.

Trying to build an M16A2 clone. I've got the lower assembled but carry handle uppers are elusive.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure there has to be some stuff from the early/mid 90's when the 6520's came out before the ban
    had to be some sporter types out there too

Feedback Score
    Check out item #424370632 on GB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    WOW.. I didn't think those were available..

Quote Originally Posted by Kalash9305 View Post
    Check out item #424370632 on GB
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    The only one I've found is from Model1 Sales. I'd prefer to buy from a more reputable company though. I've heard horror stories about them.

There is money to be made in retro guns. I'm in my 40's, make good money during my "peak earning years", and feeling a bit nostalgic. I'd pay good money for a quality A2 (fixed carry handle).20 inch government profile barrel with round handguards, 1/7 twist barrel from someone the likes of BCM, or even PSA and a FN barrel. Apparently I'm not alone in the desire.

Edited to provide the link: http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm...ategory_id=278

I decided to give them a chance.
    Last edited by Stan_TheGunNut; 07-17-14 at 20:23. Reason: Provide link

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Have you considered building the upper from scratch?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    Have you considered building the upper from scratch?
    That may be my next option. I do not have the tools nor the skills to install taper pins in a fixed front sight and barrel. Add in paying someone to do this and buying the individual parts...it adds up, particularly for something that appeals to me more for nostalgia (it's what I was issued when I was in the Army) vs something that would get used hard. That's the reason I'm willing to give Model1 a try.

I've got a well used Colt 20" upper from an M16. I could refinish it to include re-anodizing the receiver and re-parking the barrel. That may be option 3.

I wonder what the OP ended up doing?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    John Holliger sells A2 service rifle uppers with 1:7 twist barrels.

http://www.whiteoakprecision.com/uppers-service.htm
    Last edited by T2C; 07-18-14 at 14:43.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_TheGunNut View Post
    That may be my next option. I do not have the tools nor the skills to install taper pins in a fixed front sight and barrel. Add in paying someone to do this and buying the individual parts...it adds up, particularly for something that appeals to me more for nostalgia (it's what I was issued when I was in the Army) vs something that would get used hard. That's the reason I'm willing to give Model1 a try.

I've got a well used Colt 20" upper from an M16. I could refinish it to include re-anodizing the receiver and re-parking the barrel. That may be option 3.

I wonder what the OP ended up doing?
    I haven't done anything. The A2 match upper like T2C posted is not what I'm looking for and it doesn't seem like anyone's got one.

I'm a bit younger than you, I was issued an M16A4 in Iraq, but I had an M16A2 in boot camp and I would love another one. But, like you, I do not want to drop $1,000 on an upper just to say "I've got one". Model 1 sales seems like a good bet, but I also want it to be able to shoot I'm not trying to burn through 1,000 rounds in a carbine class, but putting some M855 on target at 500 yards Parris Island style would be a nice range trip for me. Let us know how yours does (specifically with 5.56mm ammo if you have any)
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-18-14 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Model 1 sales seems like a good bet
    Friends don't let friends buy Model 1.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast