Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone sell 20" A2 Uppers 1:7 anymore?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Friends don't let friends buy Model 1.
    I would agree with this advice.

I'd honestly start with a "WTB" ad in the EE here and on some other forums, and see if you could hunt down the appropriate upper receiver. Maybe if you offered a trade (an M4 or A3 upper receiver), you might get what you need.

There is a part of me that would like to have an M16A2 configured rifle as well, just for nostalgia. The ol' tactical 2x4 was a lot of fun to shoot, and a lot more accurate than the A1 I learned on.

Good luck with the hunt.

Feedback Score
    Surplus ammo has stripped Aero Precision uppers for like 100ish$ right now (probably one of the only newly made a2 receivers I'd recommend. DPMS and the other crap is just that... crap).

Lots and lots of barrels on the market right now for decent prices also. IMO it's a builders market right now with the stockpiles of shit everyone is clearing out as a result of the backorders that were/are still being filled leaving shops with pretty large inventories.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cdnn has used colt complete a2 for sale from time to time in there emails for either 599 or 699 if I remember correctly. Might want to look them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I haven't ordered from them yet but I intend to for my next build which will be a CAR 15. They even have the 7" triangle handguards.
    Check out http://shop.ar15sport.ihoststores.co...?categoryid=81
    I thought it was neat that they give you the choice of a retro with 1/7 1/9 or 1/12 rifling twist and that the FSB is already mounted.

Feedback Score
    Would it be possible to buy BCM 20" M16A4 upper, remove the gas tube, dismount the barrell and mount it to an A2 upper?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cd228 View Post
    Would it be possible to buy BCM 20" M16A4 upper, remove the gas tube, dismount the barrell and mount it to an A2 upper?
    Yes, but the FSP would be taller than ideal since it is F marked.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NVSeabee View Post
    I haven't ordered from them yet but I intend to for my next build which will be a CAR 15. They even have the 7" triangle handguards.
    Check out http://shop.ar15sport.ihoststores.co...?categoryid=81
    I thought it was neat that they give you the choice of a retro with 1/7 1/9 or 1/12 rifling twist and that the FSB is already mounted.

I've used them once for parts. All I remember was the quick shipping. $579.99 for a complete A2 upper with BCG and 1/7 chrome lined barrel doesn't sound too bad. I can't comment on the quality of their uppers, but their small parts were of very high quality. I'm looking to make a M16A2 build myself right now so I'll let you know if I find anything. I've been building my own uppers from scratch lately so it's been awhile since I looked at complete uppers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Yes, but the FSP would be taller than ideal since it is F marked.
    Excellent point!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I haven't done anything. The A2 match upper like T2C posted is not what I'm looking for and it doesn't seem like anyone's got one.

I'm a bit younger than you, I was issued an M16A4 in Iraq, but I had an M16A2 in boot camp and I would love another one. But, like you, I do not want to drop $1,000 on an upper just to say "I've got one". Model 1 sales seems like a good bet, but I also want it to be able to shoot I'm not trying to burn through 1,000 rounds in a carbine class, but putting some M855 on target at 500 yards Parris Island style would be a nice range trip for me. Let us know how yours does (specifically with 5.56mm ammo if you have any)
    The Quantico MCX has a Colt AR-15 A4 for sale, I think it was listed for $1300, I'll check again tomorrow. The A4 does have a detachable carry handle....so you can't stick your thumb through it. The only other thing you would have to get is http://www.autoweapons.com/photos14/apr/coltrifup.html

You would have a Colt "A2" minus the burst cam, burst cam disconnector, & sear. If you are ever around Quantico on a weekend, we could checkout a KD range.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast