Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Problem With My 1911

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    I
    I have owned 7 of them, and they all ran/ run 100% after >100,000 combined rounds of 45 ACP down their pipes once they were set up correctly.
    Once they were set up correctly.

Why do you need to do that? Why can't you buy it, clean it, shoot it? Why does it need to be set up first?

My Kimber ran fine out of the box. (500 +/- rnds) but I never had any issues with it.

-David

AR-15 owner/shooter since 1998

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMMOTECH View Post
    In my perfect world a firearm should funtion 100% out of the box....

Ok I know better but still you should not have to do another $500+ worth of work to make a basic (& very old) gun design work.

1911 guy's can dump their money into their pistol and I'll use mine for ammo.

I am not saying it should not run perfectly. If you buy a quality 1911 from the start like a Wilson, Ed Brown or Nighthawk it will run perfectly. Also hate to tell you that not all Glocks run perfectly out of the box for that matter. All companies produce lemons from time to time.

There is no better combat pistol than the 1911. That is why they are chosen by the worlds most respected LEO and Military professionals like LAPD SWAT, FBI HRT, Marine Force Recon, DELTA ect.

Kimber used to make a nice pistol but quality has went down hill in the last few years. It has gotten so bad I can not recommend them.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    The important thing is that JC75754 got his pistol back up and running.

-David

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I am not saying it should not run perfectly. If you buy a quality 1911 from the start like a Wilson, Ed Brown or Nighthawk it will run perfectly. Also hate to tell you that not all Glocks run perfectly out of the box for that matter. All companies produce lemons from time to time.

There is no better combat pistol than the 1911. That is why they are chosen by the worlds most respected LEO and Military professionals like LAPD SWAT, FBI HRT, Marine Force Recon, DELTA ect.

Kimber used to make a nice pistol but quality has went down hill in the last few years. It has gotten so bad I can not recommend them.
    Pat
    I agree with buying a brand name that works & the .45ACP is a great combat round. I just feel that basic stuff that makes the gun run should be left stock. Most folks have problems with thier gun when they get bad info from the erronet and some gun stores love to tell you all the stuff that you need to do to your gun to make it right. I think that is what happened to the OP. He had a part changed out that was not in need of being changed.

I know that all items that are manufactured and are mechanical in nature are subject to a few bad apples. Ford/Chevy, Glock/Kimber... they have good days and they have bad days.

-David

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMMOTECH View Post
    I agree with buying a brand name that works & the .45ACP is a great combat round. I just feel that basic stuff that makes the gun run should be left stock. Most folks have problems with thier gun when they get bad info from the erronet and some gun stores love to tell you all the stuff that you need to do to your gun to make it right. I think that is what happened to the OP. He had a part changed out that was not in need of being changed.

I know that all items that are manufactured and are mechanical in nature are subject to a few bad apples. Ford/Chevy, Glock/Kimber... they have good days and they have bad days.

I agree with you to a point. But I see no problem with having trigger jobs done, putting on extended safeties grip safeties ect. On competition guns the sky is the limit. A lot of good things on carry guns are the results of someone trying something new on a competition gun.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I agree with you to a point. But I see no problem with having trigger jobs done, putting on extended safeties grip safeties ect. On competition guns the sky is the limit. A lot of good things on carry guns are the results of someone trying something new on a competition gun.
    Pat
    Ok I can agree with you on that.

Have a great day!

*and remember we are all here on M4C because we changed something on our AR's.

-David

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234