Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Wisconsin firearm laws...

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S.E. Wisconsin
    Posts
    73
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anything BELOW the window is considered concealed. On the dash is open carry, however if someone calls or it creates a disturbance it could result in a dc while armed charge, at least in the city of Milwaukee. "Up north" is probably more relaxed.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    63
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsden11 View Post
    Anything BELOW the window is considered concealed. On the dash is open carry, however if someone calls or it creates a disturbance it could result in a dc while armed charge, at least in the city of Milwaukee. "Up north" is probably more relaxed.
    Copy that... Thank you. I will have to look up the definition of CONCEALED and how it pertains to firearms and the transportation of them. This whole crossing state lines and going to other states with firearms is becoming a real taxing issue, esp if you do not have a CCW.
    Last edited by thirteen/autumns; 07-09-14 at 18:12.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,128
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsden11 View Post
    Anything BELOW the window is considered concealed. On the dash is open carry, however if someone calls or it creates a disturbance it could result in a dc while armed charge, at least in the city of Milwaukee. "Up north" is probably more relaxed.
    Got a link? I've never heard or read anything stating that. If it was that black and white, why wouldn't that be stated prominently in the law?

    I spoke to a cop friend today regarding all this & he confirmed to me it was legal for a non permit holder to conceal provided it was not accessible to any other non permit holders either, including passengers. That was a good point that I never had considered. He also said it's always good to err to the side of caution & keep it unloaded or place it in the trunk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    63
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Got a link?
    http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lc/public.../im2011_10.pdf

    Bottom of page 2. Dug this up after Gadsden11 notified me of the window "rule." The whole

    "and within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle." kind of screws my plans up. Oh well unloaded it is, not that big of a deal
    Last edited by thirteen/autumns; 07-09-14 at 18:27.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,128
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thirteen/autumns View Post
    http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lc/public.../im2011_10.pdf

    Bottom of page 2. Dug this up after Gadsden11 notified me of the window "rule." The whole

    "and within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle." kind of screws my plans up. Oh well unloaded it is, not that big of a deal
    It doesn't say anything about below the window though. Having it lay on the passenger seat would still be visible by a LEO standing outside your window.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    63
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    It doesn't say anything about below the window though. Having it lay on the passenger seat would still be visible by a LEO standing outside your window.
    I agree but like your cop friend said since I don't have my AZ CCW yet it's best to err on the side of caution since they broadly interprete "concealed." Either way whether it's concealed, unloaded, in the trunk I don't think it will be a realistic issue. I am a law-biding citizen who doesn't speed and isn't an ass so my run-ins with the police are virtually never... Knock on wood.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,128
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thirteen/autumns View Post
    I agree but like your cop friend said since I don't have my AZ CCW yet it's best to err on the side of caution since they broadly interprete "concealed." Either way whether it's concealed, unloaded, in the trunk I don't think it will be a realistic issue. I am a law-biding citizen who doesn't speed and isn't an ass so my run-ins with the police are virtually never... Knock on wood.
    True. I figured we were starting to split hairs a bit & it's easy enough to just keep it unloaded if you're only here for a few days.

    Maybe you can borrow my AZ permit.

    J/K




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,355
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Let me get to the office this afternoon and look at some stuff for you. Blades are more limited by mechanism of opening, and the statute is written in a very "open to interpretation" manner.
    Transporting firearms: BLUF: if you're not sure, trunk is the way to go, but you're not limited to the trunk.

    Where in the state are you heading?
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    63
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleox View Post
    Let me get to the office this afternoon and look at some stuff for you. Blades are more limited by mechanism of opening, and the statute is written in a very "open to interpretation" manner.
    Transporting firearms: BLUF: if you're not sure, trunk is the way to go, but you're not limited to the trunk.

    Where in the state are you heading?
    Thank you Sir... I know both of my knives will be a NO-GO in WI as they are OTF or botton released as I found out. As far as the firearms what I thought would be an easy transport actually has turned out to be a little pain in the a**, so I will just keep them unloaded rifles in the trunk and handgun up front with me and play the safe card. I will be in WI for two weeks spending acouple days in Janesville area and the rest in Milwaukee County.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    7,887
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good resources identified above.

    Adding... I've never found my UT non-resident permit to have been a bad investment. You never know when it will come in handy.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •