Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P

Feedback Score

S&W M&P

Anyone with any experience with one?

How high is the bore axis compared to a Glock?
    What's the accuracy like?
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 07-13-06 at 22:51. Reason: fixing a Typo

Feedback Score
    I believe any (non target) handgun is more mechanicaly accurate thean the person pulling the trigger

I've sold 4, and the customers were all happy, but all 4 had to be sent back to S&W because the slide release, would not release the slide unless you pulled back on the slide to relive the pressure.

Feedback Score
    They seem to be a well thoughtout weapon. My only neg would be the mag has weak springs. I was doing mag change drills with one and had the entire base plate pop off which dumped the spring and follower. Now that was only with one gun, I have not played or handled others yet.

Feedback Score
    had to be sent back to S&W because the slide release, would not release the slide unless you pulled back on the slide to relive the pressure.

Personally i find that to be a NON issue for myself, others have differnt thoughts and thats there style of things.

I have run over 2k through mine and love it waiting on new sights either some from smith or henie, I will be running this gun in Albion this up comming weekend. the gun is smooth, accurate.

I find it fits me best with the large grip, but i have huge paws.

as far the slide stop being stiff ok i grasp over the top to run the slide into battery. i have also practiced on running the slide off the holster or anyother other object close by, in my support hand and strong hand only drills.

the gun feels better to me than the glock, they railroad me pretty good nothing i cant overcome but i prefer not to have too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    I believe any (non target) handgun is more mechanicaly accurate thean the person pulling the trigger

I've sold 4, and the customers were all happy, but all 4 had to be sent back to S&W because the slide release, would not release the slide unless you pulled back on the slide to relive the pressure.
    I don't know anymore. I was just shooting my FiveseveN and was shooting much better with it than my Glock. I don't think flinching was playing a part because I was going back and forth between the two guns, and if a flinch had set in it would have been obvious with the first shot out of the FN.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Dport - From what I've heard you're an excellent shot with your Glocks. If that's the case why change?

Glocks are stone reliable and you're very accurate with them. Sounds good to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc
    Dport - From what I've heard you're an excellent shot with your Glocks. If that's the case why change?

Glocks are stone reliable and you're very accurate with them. Sounds good to me.
    I'm not as accurate with them as I am with the FiveseveN. It became painfully obvious when shooting steel at 25yds last weekend.

I'm thinking Bar Sto barrel. I've noticed play in the lockup of the G17. Maybe a fitted Bar Sto would help.

We gotta meet sometime. There is no way you're as evil as Dinger makes you out to be.,

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport
    I'm not as accurate with them as I am with the FiveseveN. It became painfully obvious when shooting steel at 25yds last weekend.

I'm thinking Bar Sto barrel. I've noticed play in the lockup of the G17. Maybe a fitted Bar Sto would help.

We gotta meet sometime. There is no way you're as evil as Dinger makes you out to be.,
    Actually I am fairly evil but Dinger does exaggerate most of the time

You shoot a G17 right? Have you tried a G19 or a G34? Dinger can back me up on this; I'm far more accurate with my G19 than I am with my G17. Maybe try a 19?

Feedback Score
    19s don't work for me. I moved to a 17 after trying the 19.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I bought my wife a used 9mm one last week. We got them for a steal. S&W says they were SHOT show specials but they brass sample envelope said it was collected in April 2006, so it was probably used at the big NRA show. It was fired and dirty, but looked like probably less than 100 rounds through it at most. Yesterday on my day off I taught myself how to completely detail strip it and cleaned it up well doing a little smoothing here and there. I also replaced the striker spring with a Glock standard striker spring. It combined with the smoothing really makes the trigger pretty nice. I also added some skateboard/grip tape to it. My wife has really small hands and uses the smallest rubber grip on it. So far she loves it and has put 200 rounds through it. She can more easily reach the trigger on this than on her Glock 19 and 26 pistols. She still loves her Glocks.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast