Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My journey to build a HK 416 without using any HK parts.

Feedback Score
    Where there's a will, there is a way

Feedback Score
    I like it! Since you suck and HK hates you...I think an HK 416 w/o any HK parts is appropriate.
    "The world's a dangerous place – we can help." -www.portlandfirearmtraining.com
    NRA LE Handgun-Shotgun Instructor/Life Member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any update on how it works on the range? Maybe a video?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Make me an MP7. I'll let you have my flower.

On a side note, it would be cool if you made an M27 IAR clone out of this. But the receiver rail height might make that impossible, I don't know.
    Last edited by masakari; 08-06-15 at 08:11.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMGLee View Post
    I have to first start off by stating that I am NOT a piston fan, AR15 always should be a direct gas system as designed by Mr. Stoner.

With that being said, I thought the HK416 was very well designed system; I even had the rare opportunity to shoot and photograph the original HK M4D. So the HK 416 has always been in my blood. As much as I wanted an HK416 there has been just none to be had unless you are military or LE. There are HK 416 uppers floating on the market if you wanted to pay anywhere from 2500 to 4500.00 per upper. Then the MR556 showed up a few years later, but it just lacks in Design and the price.. Oh God the price…. So the HK 416 continues to be an elusive item in my safe.

Earlier this year I saw CNC Guns producing a 80% billet HK 416 Clone receiver, at 350.00 dollars it was still a feasible deal for me in pursuit. I purchased the lower and it came in a few months later due to production. But once in my possession, I realized this was not a 80% receiver, other than the normal machining of 80% receiver, trigger pocket, various holes, I had to machine the front and rear pivot pin holes, the mag release hole, the bolt catch latch pin hole, and the buffer detain hole.

Then luck, it might seem, someone had a Titan Defense 416 clone upper for sale, so I jump on it as I finally can complete my HK416… but without using any HK parts.

Below are pictures of my build.

I replaced the standard forward assist with the large button assist.
    BCM's new trigger guard is easy ont eh eye.

I found a exact copy of the HK swivel front sight from an local airsoft shop...manufactured by VFC in Taiwan. during the Frank Proctor carbine process class last week, the sight tracked straight with the KAC 600m rear sight.

Bolt carrier is the same design as the Gen 1 HK 416 design minus the firing pin safety. This setup would allow you to run a standard AR trigger or a Gieselle SSA-E for example. This is interchangeable with the HK 416 bolt carrier.

Piston minus the gas ring. but a HK 416/G36 piston will also work.

Here is a kicker...

The Titan Defense upper is not an exact HK 416 upper clone, the receiver and rail interface is not compatible with the OEM HK rail nor the Gieselle Super Rail. Notice the height difference. And the rail tab will not mate with the recess in the receiver.

It's cheaper than the HK MR556, and it kind of continue from my HK modification path where I build a G36 from SL8 many years ago...... So what's next HK MP7?
    Badass, amigo. I don't care what anyone says. That's a nice build right there. Congrats.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Can't wait to see the MP7 clone!!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMGLee View Post
    You are not being a jerk...its not as expensive as you might think, and it is more of a project on my behalf than anything else. Like the title, its a journey just to see if I can do it.
    In that case that is cool. I also didn't realize you were in PRKali. I would suppose that the 80ish% lower isn't listed on the prohibited guns ban, which is your work around to having the benign features that irrational people find so dangerous and offensive. That supposition is based my my limited understanding of your state's laws. If that was part of the plan, extra win.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The new Titian II Upper Receiver is lower and the same height as the Geissele Rail. I need true 80% HK 416 Clone Lower that I can put in my 80% ar15 Lower Router jig.
    Last edited by Lawdog-1; 02-05-18 at 18:15.

Feedback Score
    Does the 416 use an M16 bolt? Or did they take the opportunity to improve it?

Nice looking gun. You did a very good job on it!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This is off topic, but isnt the 416's piston based off the G36? And isn't the G36 piston basically a copy of Stoner's AR-18 design?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast