Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's a Quality Bag?

Feedback Score
    Lots of good recommendations in this thread. Personally, the wife's and my BoBs are Camelback BFMs. Granted, we don't use them more than once a year, but they work great for a 72 hour bag.

Feedback Score
    This is a good topic. I do see that you guys have individual bags, excellent ones, but I was wondering what you recommend for leaving in a car that could have most of the things see eras people would need? Or is recommended individual bags for each one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelowrey View Post
    This is a good topic. I do see that you guys have individual bags, excellent ones, but I was wondering what you recommend for leaving in a car that could have most of the things see eras people would need? Or is recommended individual bags for each one?

First off...love Bad Boys. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Anyways, for a "leave it til you need it" truck back that would hold my essentials, get home clothes and extra mags, I've been looking at the LAPG Operator bag. Seems to be modeled (as in directly copied) after the Spec Ops THE bag.

I see it on sale for $30 sometimes. I would NOT want to carry a load with it, but just keep it packed in the car and in a SHTF scenario, I would always have some gear/clothes for me and the wife to help in getting home or getting to a predetermined destination to meet the family.

Sent from my awesome iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDawg46L View Post
    First off...love Bad Boys. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Anyways, for a "leave it til you need it" truck back that would hold my essentials, get home clothes and extra mags, I've been looking at the LAPG Operator bag. Seems to be modeled (as in directly copied) after the Spec Ops THE bag.

I see it on sale for $30 sometimes. I would NOT want to carry a load with it, but just keep it packed in the car and in a SHTF scenario, I would always have some gear/clothes for me and the wife to help in getting home or getting to a predetermined destination to meet the family.

Mike thanks! Part 3 is in the process, awesome movie!

Why you wouldn't carry a load on the LAPG? At $50 it looks good for my needs since I don't abuse things lol.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    FWIW, maybe it has already been mentioned, but I find the Maxpedition product line to be pretty good stuff. Others?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did you mean to say "sierras" as in the mountains? If so, I live in the mountains- the sierras- and can provide some input.

From youur question it is less about the bag, any of the quallity suggestions provided may work for you, and more about what you put in it. While it is sunny and 100* degrees in the valley, it may be severe t-storms up here. You'll want to tailor your sierras get home bag a little more to a regular BoB in that you will want more of a suervival feel to it concentraing on good hikers, warm/dry clothes, water purification, clif bars, fire starters and etc.
    Hope that helps.

Last edited by soulezoo; 08-23-14 at 10:02. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mike thanks! Part 3 is in the process, awesome movie!

Why you wouldn't carry a load on the LAPG? At $50 it looks good for my needs since I don't abuse things lol.

Thanks.

I wouldn't trust it to carry a load far from where you start. It's not built like a Kifaru or one of the better brands. Plus, with it being modeled after the Spec Ops THE bag which is have owned, I can tell you that with any load it will dig into your shoulders because the straps are straight, not contoured.

Feedback Score
    Thank you soulezoo and mike. Good points. Going to look into that

Feedback Score
    I happened to be in GT Distributors yesterday and picked up a Blackhawk Block Go Bag from the clearance rack for $40. It will come in handy.
    “We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.”

George Orwell

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    FWIW, maybe it has already been mentioned, but I find the Maxpedition product line to be pretty good stuff. Others?
    The Maxpedition product line is pretty good, and I've taken mine hiking and hunting numerous times. However, the majority of their packs scream gun-owner to most people who own guns and look "military" to most people who don't.

I've pretty much ditched the few Versipacks I've purchased for this very reason.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast