Thread: ramshot tac

Feedback Score

ramshot tac

I went and bought some ramshot tac to use behind hornaday 60 gr SP. I looked at ramshot's loading data, and they don't list any min or max powder for the 60 gr bullets that I bought. I see from 40-55 gr, and then from 68-70ish grain bullets. Just wondering if anybody knows how much powder should be used with these bullets. I should have just bought the 55 grain bullets. Lots of info on those for the ramshot tac powder. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The latest Hornady manual has a starting load of 21.6gr for a velocity of 2700fps and a max load of 24.7gr for a velocity of 3100fps. This is out of a 26in barrel.

Feedback Score
    thanks very much. I figured it was in line with the similar weight bullets. ie 55 grain.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is a great powder for this cartridge. For that weight I've settled closer to 24 grains, but if you want good plinking loads you can go with 22 and change. Just see what cycles your rifle
    Scouts Out

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Get some 55 grain hornady bulk M193 bullets, and put 24.5 grains of TAC behind them. I'm getting Amazing accuracy out of both of my 11.5" SBRs.

I just put some on paper Sunday with my second shorty, and it's just as accurate as my first one. Both with carbean sight radius Irons.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I agree get some Hornady 55 grn bullets. Load 24.5 grain of Ram Tac and have fun. This is reallya great combination.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wasn't it about this time last year that Midway had it for $9.99/lb?

I could use more at that price.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity