Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun HS403A Review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Another cheap chi-com Aimpoint knockoff. Unfortunate that folks keep buying this crap albeit they are disappointed in the end that they didn't get the real deal as the units are very lacking and typically fail. Stop supporting these copy cat companies. Save a little and get an Aimpoint. You will not be disappointed.
    Like many others, I don't need combat proven optics for all of my firearms, I will save that for ones that would be used in self defense.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    No.... the mount it a lower 1/10th at best. The RDS sits too high. You can barely get some irons in the bottom of the tube.

The glass in this thing does yield some minor optical distortion. The color doesn't bother me, but my eye has to refocus at a targer 80 yards out +/-.

Yesterday... after cleaning my M4 that wears this sight, I found one of the screws that hold this thing to the mount on the floor.

I had to take the whole God damned thing off, pull the sight off the mount, apply some vibra tite to everything and re assemble. Fortunately the little screw fell out on the tile at home. I figured out what the screw was in about 15 seconds... it somewhat of a unique shape and size... too big for an electronic. I hate pulling a optic off once zeroed. But this appeared to go back to where it was relative to my irons... so??
    You should have put lock tight on all screws before mounting and zeroing.

I've been looking into this optic for one of my rifles. Seems like a great optic for the money.
    All of this is just advice. You go out and do whatever the f&<€ you want to do.

Feedback Score
    Holosun had a decent budget optic at $169. For 2015 that have launched an entire new series of optics called the 5 Series. IMO, I think they have "Junked Up" their "Gray Train" optic by adding a solar panel and some other not so impressive features. Most of their optics are not T1 mount compatible, another strike against them. Their HS403a doe not offer a true lower 1/3 cowitness. Try lining up a 3x magnifier behind one of their optics and you will see what I mean. Watch the YT video by SuperSetcCA if you don't believe me. Their new improved optics start at $199 and up (HS403B). The HS515C is one of most junked up optics I have ever seen. At $306 they have now priced themselves out of the "Budget" optic market with some not so impressive improvements. I'll stick with my $100 dial control optic from PA and never look back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an HS403G and it's been fine so far.

The 2MOA dot is sharp and gets super bright, is NV compatible, and T1 mount compatible as you can tell from the Larue Mount. Zero'ed easy and has stayed zeroed after 500 rounds or so since I purchased it about 3 weeks ago or so. The motion sensor works, and it has a claimed battery life of 50,0000 hours. The double gasketed openings will provide more water resistance than I will ever need.

I'll put it like this, at the rate it's going I don't see much cause for considering a T1/H1. Only time will tell; if anything goes wrong I'll post about it, but as of right now I am perfectly content with the performance of my Holosun, and it was only $230 so the value proposition is quite high. I hope to get it into two classes this summer.

Standby for updates.

2015-03-18 18.15.47.jpg

2015-03-21 12.09.27 copy.jpg
    Last edited by SpecWired; 03-28-15 at 01:04.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    A month ago I purchased 1 Holosun 503c and 3 HS515cs to replace my EOTechs I sent in for a refund. I must say that I'm impressed. I actually like these better than the Eotech. Smaller lighter and a clearer reticle are some of the good points. I have found no bad points. They come with both high and low mounts so buying added mounts is not necessary. The 515c comes with a good QD mount (converts to low mount) quick flash and pop down lens caps. I put them in a bucket of water to test water tight integrity and there were no leaks. They worked perfect at the range also. I also got a Burris 3x magnifier with these and it lines up almost perfect. It is a very good clear optic and easily out does the G33 I had before. The 4 Holosuns and the burris mag cost less than the Eotech hhs kit and the 512 I sent back. Thought anyone reading this that needs eotech replacements would like these Holosun RDSs. They are not your typical Chinese junk and are very well made. Like I said I am very impressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aklance View Post
    A month ago I purchased 1 Holosun 503c and 3 HS515cs to replace my EOTechs I sent in for a refund. I must say that I'm impressed. I actually like these better than the Eotech. Smaller lighter and a clearer reticle are some of the good points. I have found no bad points. They come with both high and low mounts so buying added mounts is not necessary. The 515c comes with a good QD mount (converts to low mount) quick flash and pop down lens caps. I put them in a bucket of water to test water tight integrity and there were no leaks. They worked perfect at the range also. I also got a Burris 3x magnifier with these and it lines up almost perfect. It is a very good clear optic and easily out does the G33 I had before. The 4 Holosuns and the burris mag cost less than the Eotech hhs kit and the 512 I sent back. Thought anyone reading this that needs eotech replacements would like these Holosun RDSs. They are not your typical Chinese junk and are very well made. Like I said I am very impressed.
    I'm right there with ya. I've used the Aimpoint PRO and it was nice, but heavy as hell. I scored it for around $375 on sale and sold it for $400. It just wasn't that impressive for the money. I'm not gonna spend $600-700 on an Aimpoint micro. Sorry, I'm not a Marine anymore, I'm not going to combat, and don't have a need to blow money on "the best" optic out there. If I just had money to waste, I would buy one, but I don't. An Eotech 512 can be scored on ebay for $375 and I think they are a little heavy, but a nice optic worth that money. So, I bought the Holoson HS403G1 for $152 on ebay and it came with the low and high mount. Sold the mounts for $20 on ebay and bought the American Defense QD mount for $60. So I'm $192 into my setup and happy.300blackout1.jpg300blackout.jpg
    Oh yeah...well my dad is tougher than your dad! So there! - Joe Schmuckatelli

Feedback Score
    So how has the long term review of this sight gone? Sorry to necro, but I have been curious

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quino171 View Post
    So how has the long term review of this sight gone? Sorry to necro, but I have been curious

The HS403G1 is working great! I'd say it's 3/4 of an Aimpoint T1 for 1/4 of the price. They are still on eBay right now for $152. Score one while you can. It's really, really nice for the money. I'd honestly say it's worth $300. It has no problem holding zero either. I don't jump out of helicopters with it, so it could potentially be only 1/2 of what an Aimpoint T1 is? The only thing annoying is that I do get a glare in certain conditions when light is behind me. I've read briefly about other people having these same conditions with Aimpoints. Maybe I have the brightness up too far or the red dot is positioned too close to me?
    Oh yeah...well my dad is tougher than your dad! So there! - Joe Schmuckatelli

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The new HS503C is my favorite. Dual powered....battery and solar and also allows you the option on the Aimpoint style single dot or the Eotech style circle and dot reticle.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    The new HS503C is my favorite. Dual powered....battery and solar and also allows you the option on the Aimpoint style single dot or the Eotech style circle and dot reticle.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by blackriflelife View Post
    The HS403G1 is working great! I'd say it's 3/4 of an Aimpoint T1 for 1/4 of the price. They are still on eBay right now for $152. Score one while you can. It's really, really nice for the money. I'd honestly say it's worth $300. It has no problem holding zero either. I don't jump out of helicopters with it, so it could potentially be only 1/2 of what an Aimpoint T1 is? The only thing annoying is that I do get a glare in certain conditions when light is behind me. I've read briefly about other people having these same conditions with Aimpoints. Maybe I have the brightness up too far or the red dot is positioned too close to me?
    Thanks gents. I was looking at the solar version.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast