Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holosun HS403A Review

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by quino171 View Post
    So how has the long term review of this sight gone? Sorry to necro, but I have been curious

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    I find that the holosun's auto/bump on is irritating. I'm always handling the gun it's on like a dove because I'm affraid of bumping it on and getting 8 hours of battery drain. I know they claim it's got aimpoint like batt life, but I don't want to have to change the battery... 1. it's a pain, and 2. You'd have to rezero because you're remounting the sight to the base/mount. And since you can't use the irons to co witness since the mount is way too tall... you'd have to shoot it.

I don't like the occlusion of the iron sight pic. It's annoying to me.

The sight would be best for guys who don't care about irons, but that's not me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The auto on/off is a non issue considering the insane battery life. That 8hr battery drain is no different than an Aimpoint which stays on constantly for best battery life. With battery life comparable to Aimpoint there's no need to change the battery anymore often than you'd change an Aimpoint and the adjustments would be minimal if any.

The high mount is another non issue since it can be paired with a better aftermarket amount just like an Aimpoint.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wahoo95; 08-10-16 at 18:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    The auto on/off is a non issue considering the insane battery life. That 8hr battery drain is no different than an Aimpoint which stays on constantly for best battery life. With battery life comparable to Aimpoint there's no need to change the battery anymore often than you'd change an Aimpoint and the adjustments would be minimal if any.

The high mount is another non issue since it can be paired with a better aftermarket amount just like an Aimpoint.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    That is what I would do too.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have the 503c and 515c both solar and I am very pleased with them but the 515c is a better value.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Wait. WHAT? When I bought mine there were no compatible mounts.

Edit: Hmm... looks like Holosun modified sights for t1 mount compatibility. I think I'm still stuck with the special olympics mount the came on mine.

I'm going to start running the piss out of the thing anyway.
    Last edited by markm; 08-10-16 at 21:14.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Had my share of the use once optics. Had to save for what I call quality. Even the glass in my Eotech and Aimpoint units are far superior to what I used to buy. It's worth the effort to save for the better accessories.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My experience with 2 defective EOtechs was enough "trust" for me. My 4 Holosuns have just as clear glass and clearer yet circle dot. They work great for me and was able to pay for them with the EOtech refund program.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aklance View Post
    My experience with 2 defective EOtechs was enough "trust" for me. My 4 Holosuns have just as clear glass and clearer yet circle dot. They work great for me and was able to pay for them with the EOtech refund program.
    Well that is simply not true...

Reflective objective dots will always have distortion and image shift. That is the same for Aimpoint and the MRO. That is the issues with the design.

The Eotechs do not function that way so there will not be that level of distortion or image shift.

Feedback Score
    The glass was fine in my EOTechs, the rest of the unit was trash ie eating batteries and reticle fade. And yes it simply is true that an LED circle dot is clearer than a laser CD. Obviously you don't own a Holosun 503c or a 515c or you could see the difference.

Quote from Digital Damage in a following post:
    "You tried to use this same uninformed tact with me before, It did not end well for you."

It did not end well for me? O yes mister know it all, I guess my Holosuns are all broke now or leaking or fogged up, Not!!
    You really have an ego problem. "When the center of the universe is discovered, you are going to be surprised that it's not you."
    Last edited by aklance; 09-27-16 at 15:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any of you guys given a look at the SIG Romeo series?

http://www.sigoptics.com/product/romeo4/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast