Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Holosun HS403A Review

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aklance View Post
    The glass was fine in my EOTechs, the rest of the unit was trash ie eating batteries and reticle fade. And yes it simply is true that an LED circle dot is clearer than a laser CD. Obviously you don't own a Holosun 503c or a 515c or you could see the difference.
    I remember you now...

You tried to use this same uninformed tact with me before, It did not end well for you.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 09-23-16 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4556 View Post
    Any of you guys given a look at the SIG Romeo series?

http://www.sigoptics.com/product/romeo4/
    Heavily talked about a while back

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Romeo-4b-optic

I think the general consensus is that is it comprises the same OEM parts as holosun. Even tho Sig denies this.

Feedback Score
    I have 3 Eotechs, 2 Aimpoints. When I saw this I thought, I had to give it a shot. I bought A Larue quick change mount. Worst case I was out $169. I could live with that. Best case, I was up $430 bucks.

I acquired a set of Primary Arms micro dots without the auto off function. The battery is replaced on the top, just like my Aimpoint T1 and H1.

For the size, battery life, price and performance so far, I have been impressed. I leave mine on the AR15 pistol. No issues with multiple episodes of range use. Rapid fire and slow controlled fire.

It has held zero and the glass is clear.

For $169, it is hard to beat. I just ordered 3 more. It still cost me less than one of my T1's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Another cheap chi-com Aimpoint knockoff. Unfortunate that folks keep buying this crap albeit they are disappointed in the end that they didn't get the real deal as the units are very lacking and typically fail. Stop supporting these copy cat companies. Save a little and get an Aimpoint. You will not be disappointed.
    I have a Primary Arms red dot mounted to my Mossberg using the OEM screw mount (I don't trust ANY screw mount) as a test that still holds zero and can take the recoil no problem. I had 'murican made EO-Tech and ACOGs fail on me before. I even had to send back an Aimpoint T1 because it somehow lost zero. Other buddies have had great luck with Primary Arms/Holosun and seen expensive shit like US Optics fail on the range.

When I own and use other Chinese made items that outperform overpriced American junk that "Made in USA" label doesn't mean crap to me. My next red dot is going to be the Holosun with ACSS reticule.

Feedback Score
    When I said I liked my Holosuns and said they worked great I was told I didn't know what I was talking about. I am waiting for the "know it all" to address your post. Its not going very well for DD. I am very pleased with my 3 515Cs and you will be too.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yeah I just saw that. I guess we're not allowed to have a different opinion? I am simply tired of hearing the "if it ain't made in muuurica it must be junk!" rhetoric. I've wasted lots of money on overpriced junk like the EO-Tech I mentioned. It stopped working and when I opened the battery compartment the batteries were leaking out, and it was just sitting inside my safe! Though L-3 cleaned it up and sent it back to me working, I no longer trusted it and sold it off at a loss. I wish I kept it though, could have gotten a full value refund check from L3 lol.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I swapped two T1s for the Holosun HS503GU and HS503G (ACSS). So far so good. The 2 MOA dots in my Aimpoint micros were looking like starbursts. I prefer the circle dot option in the Holosun, which looks nice and well defined. The optics have not once failed or lost zero. The optics go to sleep if left undisturbed and immediately wakes up at the slightest movement. I like that. For added protection I applied a thin strip of black RTV silicone around the intensity buttons just in case it proves to be a weak point and leaks nitrogen. Again, so far so good. I like European and USA made stuff as much as the next red blooded American, but we shouldn't pretend like our shit don't stink. Last I checked EOTech is made in the USA. You know how that story goes.

BTW, I would wager that most shit in most American households was Made in China. Enjoy your waffle maker, America.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawusmc0844 View Post
    I have a Primary Arms red dot mounted to my Mossberg using the OEM screw mount (I don't trust ANY screw mount) as a test that still holds zero and can take the recoil no problem. I had 'murican made EO-Tech and ACOGs fail on me before. I even had to send back an Aimpoint T1 because it somehow lost zero. Other buddies have had great luck with Primary Arms/Holosun and seen expensive shit like US Optics fail on the range.

When I own and use other Chinese made items that outperform overpriced American junk that "Made in USA" label doesn't mean crap to me. My next red dot is going to be the Holosun with ACSS reticule.
    Maybe the cheap asian glass has affected your eyesight. My post states "Aimpoint" which is not American made. If one is happy with cheap, chi-com knock-offs use them. The chi-coms will make more as they fail.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    For added protection I applied a thin strip of black RTV silicone around the intensity buttons just in case it proves to be a weak point and leaks nitrogen.
    No confidence in the chi-com offering?
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    No confidence in the chi-com offering?
    I didn't have confidence in my Aimpoint when the rheostat went loose on me neither. As I'm sure many lost confidence in American made EOTechs with their plethora of past issues. We loctite and witness mark our bolts and screws. We use BUIS because we all know electronics can fail at the worst time (Murphy always has a vote). I see no difference in a bit of added protection that does nothing to detract from the function of the equipment.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast