Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Holosun HS403A Review

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Maybe the cheap asian glass has affected your eyesight. My post states "Aimpoint" which is not American made. If one is happy with cheap, chi-com knock-offs use them. The chi-coms will make more as they fail.
    I actually am Chinese, you got a problem with that? I got LASIK while in the Marine Corps so I can see clearly thank you very much. I know Aimpoints are made in Sweden and I mentioned even Aimpoints can fail as well. Have you actually used a red dot from PA/Holosun or you refuse to because "they're cheap chi-com junk!"? Maybe you should stop using your computer and/or smartphone while you're at it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawusmc0844 View Post
    It stopped working and when I opened the battery compartment the batteries were leaking out.
    I fail to see how this is a fault of Eotech or any optic for that matter, when your batteries leak. While there are plenty of good reasons to dump the Eotech, leaking batteries isn't one of them. This is a common problem for ALL battery powered electronics when stored for long periods with the batteries inside.

To minimize this, never leave alkaline or low cost "heavy duty" batteries in your devices, and use Energizer Lithium, high quality CR123a's or Eneloops when rechargeables are an option.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I actually am Chinese, you got a problem with that? I got LASIK while in the Marine Corps so I can see clearly thank you very much. I know Aimpoints are made in Sweden and I mentioned even Aimpoints can fail as well. Have you actually used a red dot from PA/Holosun or you refuse to because "they're cheap chi-com junk!"? Maybe you should stop using your computer and/or smartphone while you're at it.
    No problem with your background.....I don't support the chinese communist government and their businesses, especially as they continue to freely copy others products and sell them to support their regime.

Yes, I've seen several hoiosun and many other cheap asian optics at the range and have been thoroughly underwhelmed, especially after the users have them fail after a few range sessions. Our group meets weekly at the range, sometimes 2x a week to participate in rifle drills and tactics. On the average we shoot 300-600 rounds a week. New users are welcome to join us after a series of training sessions. The newbys occasionally show up with low tier equipment including cheap chi-com optics's and we've seen quite a few fail, whether it be the electronics or mechanics of the optic. Their next question always being, "which Aimpoint should I buy".

Of course, just as with rifles, there will continue to be users who purchase low tier and rationalize as to how they are something they are not. Glad I found this site 9 years ago...
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 01-18-17 at 05:38.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    My EOtech failures were enough for me. Also when your Eotech eats batteries prematurely they are prone to leak when dead. This is their fault and the reason I sent my son's unit in for the refund besides the fading reticle his and mine had. I wanted the circle dot and Holosun was the only alternative. Digital Damage has a damaged brain. He thinks he knows everything and if you disagree with him you are stupid. His stupidity ruined this thread.
    Thank you below lawusmc for your comment which shows how uninformed digital brain damage is about how these optics perform in the field. They are good for any of our needs and then some.
    Last edited by aklance; 03-19-17 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
    I fail to see how this is a fault of Eotech or any optic for that matter, when your batteries leak. While there are plenty of good reasons to dump the Eotech, leaking batteries isn't one of them. This is a common problem for ALL battery powered electronics when stored for long periods with the batteries inside.

To minimize this, never leave alkaline or low cost "heavy duty" batteries in your devices, and use Energizer Lithium, high quality CR123a's or Eneloops when rechargeables are an option.
    Well I've left Alkalines and many cheap batteries in all kinds of battery power electronics, including expensive ones like issued PVS-14s and PAS-15s and never had batteries corrode or leak while left inside the device.
    The EO-Tech 512 I used to have is the only one I've had that happen to. The only thing I miss about it was the reticule, but Holosun's ACSS looks like a good alternative.

I use Energizer Lithiums in my personal PVS-14s, left the same on inside it for nearly a year. Only last week I took it out as a safety precaution and I don't plan to use my NODs until I get an IR Laser/Illuminator.

Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    No problem with your background.....I don't support the chinese communist government and their businesses, especially as they continue to freely copy others products and sell them to support their regime.

Yes, I've seen several hoiosun and many other cheap asian optics at the range and have been thoroughly underwhelmed, especially after the users have them fail after a few range sessions. Our group meets weekly at the range, sometimes 2x a week to participate in rifle drills and tactics. On the average we shoot 300-600 rounds a week. New users are welcome to join us after a series of training sessions. The newbys occasionally show up with low tier equipment including cheap chi-com optics's and we've seen quite a few fail, whether it be the electronics or mechanics of the optic. Their next question always being, "which Aimpoint should I buy".

Of course, just as with rifles, there will continue to be users who purchase low tier and rationalize as to how they are something they are not. Glad I found this site 9 years ago...
    I don't care for their current government either but then again don't act like our own government is any better. They're actually pretty capitalistic, the days of Mao are long gone. At this point I don't really care who copies who. America copied the Springfield M1903 from the German Mauser and just about every American made chest rig looks very similar to the original Chinese Type 56 rig. Every "new" firearm and optic design coming out today isn't anything we haven't seen before. And there are American companies I won't give my money to like IO Inc or any company under Freedom Group.

Your experience is different from mine, as I've seen multiple Holosuns and other cheaper optics that can hang with the Aimpoints in training courses or at machine gun ranges. EO-Tech, Trijicon, Aimpoint it doesn't matter I've seen them fail in the military and civilian world. One of my good friends is a fellow Marine vet and former firearms instructor and he has very similar experiences as well. I judge equipment by actual performance, not country of origin, and I try to save money where I can. I don't feel the need to spend $700+ for a T2 for my Mossberg 590 SPX (range toy) when my $50 (Black Friday) Primary Arms has worked well on it, and no this is not "justifying my purchase". When I got a Norinco/IAC Hawk 982 that is cheaper, yet better made and outperforms Freedom Group Remington 870s I consider that an upgrade.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah I just saw that. I guess we're not allowed to have a different opinion? I am simply tired of hearing the "if it ain't made in muuurica it must be junk!" rhetoric. I've wasted lots of money on overpriced junk like the EO-Tech I mentioned. It stopped working and when I opened the battery compartment the batteries were leaking out, and it was just sitting inside my safe! Though L-3 cleaned it up and sent it back to me working, I no longer trusted it and sold it off at a loss. I wish I kept it though, could have gotten a full value refund check from L3 lol.
    There are opinions and there are lab proven facts.

If you don't want to take other peoples word for it; as I suggested to aklance (about as uninformed as they come) take holosuns word for it. They list the shortcomings in their published specifications and limited operating envelope.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am currently running three lower tier AR carbines that have well over 10,000 rounds fired through them without issue. I used the same company to provide a dozen carbines when I ran the school I sold a few years ago. I could easily buy a dozen carbines for $8,000 and get good service life out of them.

With optics, I tend to believe you get what you pay for. I personally purchased some budget optics for testing and in each case felt I would have been better off throwing my money off a bridge. If your optic is serviceable, will pass a drop test, then maintain reliability for 10,000 rounds, you have made a good choice. In most instances buying cheap optics will cause nothing but frustration and the feeling of throwing money down a hole.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    This discussion does not have to turn into personal insults. Please act like adults. The next one will get infraction points.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345