Thread: Chest Rig 101- Introduction to the Art of the Chest Rig

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd stick with the rifle for primary. Maybe keep the gauge and a bandolier around to give a friend or family member in the event that everything goes real bad?

Lose the 308 and the guage and now your kit is much lighter (so now you can run some plates maybe?) and you can toss in an extra few mags.

More than anything I'd suggest a few classes with reputable instructors. Moor my first I had an old nylon 'instructors belt' with 2 fast mag pouches stuck on and a pistol mag in my back pocket. Now I'm a fan of the brokos belt with 2 pistol and a rifle mag, dump pouch, and medical.

Get some training brother, and keep reading threads like these and try things out, but remember to always put practical first.

Oh, and 25 rounds of gauge is nice and all for a HD situation, but if shit is bad enough that as a civvie you need to strap on a plate carrier loaded up with mags....25 rounds that need to be individually loaded sorta sucks when you can charge your ar with 28 rounds in about a second
    Last edited by shrewd yasu; 09-15-14 at 20:45.