Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chest Rig 101- Introduction to the Art of the Chest Rig

Feedback Score
    Doc, got a lot of useful info on the earlier thread, and you have helped immensely more with this additional information. Thank you very much!
    “The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize." - Robert Hughes

"There is no security on this earth; there is only opportunity." -Douglas MacArthur

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
    How snug do you recommend one adjust the rig to their body? Pretty snug or some play to it?
    That is exactly why I like the BCS pull forward design. I like it a little loose when walking around but snug it up a bit for more dynamic stuff. If I did not have it, I would tighten it up until it was snug with taking the deapest breath you could.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trackmagic View Post
    Docsherm, Do you ever use vests for LBE? My stuff is all on a vest, but it seems like I have a lot of PALs on the back that is not used so I have been thinking of switching to a chest rig.

Has that been your experience? Do you think vests are basically overkill? Is there any circumstances where you prefer a vest over a chest rig?

Great write up! When I want to try out a chest rig this will really help steer me in the correct direction.
    Thanks. Stay away from the vest. No need for it. It is a thing of the past. Too restrictive and not flexible enough. When you can transition to a chest rig.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Outstanding posts doc. Thanks so much for putting this together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    If I did not have it, I would tighten it up until it was snug with taking the deapest breath you could.
    OK. Thank you. Sounds like pretty snug then. I have a cheapo condor chest rig. Seems OK to me for what it costs and I have used it in a couple classes with no problems, but no real world use - and none really expected.

Thank you for sharing your time and info.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Good info Doc....
    I think I bought a couple of your old rigs over the years...

Using "old" TenSpeed past couple of years...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the write up. Any thoughts on split front rigs?
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Thanks for the write up. Any thoughts on split front rigs?
    I have had several. I like them. They are very handy for when you are doing a lot of crawling or prown shooting. I also like how most of the split-front rigs have adjustments. That way you can loosen it if need be or vice versa. I like it with larger rigs. I feel that it is a bit counter productive for low viz set ups.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks. I'm a dinosaur from the days of the LBE and one thing I always enjoyed was being able to unbuckle my gear and let it hand when necessary
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Thanks. I'm a dinosaur from the days of the LBE and one thing I always enjoyed was being able to unbuckle my gear and let it hand when necessary
    You should look at a split front rig. I would look at the Tactical Tailor Split Front MAV, put a X Harness on it and you can set it up a thousand different ways. Hell, I got a wild hair up my as one time and set up that same rig just like my old school LBE was set up back in the stone age, canteens and all........

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast