Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.5 creedmoor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I personally custom ordered one from McGowen. I am still waiting on it, but I could spec the profile I wanted, and the price was reasonable. Off the shelf, the only one I can think of is DPMS. I believe their large frame AR barrel have a decent rep for accuracy though and the price is excellent.

The only 6.5 CM barrel I have seen on Fulton Armory in the past 1-2 years has been the $$$ Krieger, no Criterion 6.5 CM's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CC556 View Post
    The MATEN comes with the parts that are proprietary to it, and beyond that normal AR15 LPK stuff works, including the trigger.
    Yep.

The Armalite AR10 has a different mag catch that is longer than an AR15, and longer take down and pivot pins, so if you have the impression you need an AR10 LPK that is where this inclination comes from.

The MaTen doesn't need a different one, an AR15 LPK works.

But to the OP on topic, give Lilja call and see if they have any in stock. I can't quite determine from their site if they mean they stock AR style barrels (meaning with an AR barrel extension) or if they just stock AR15 223 barrels. Its worth a call though, Lilja barrels are nice.

http://www.riflebarrels.com/products...ock_barrel.htm

Looks like they stock .260 barrels.
    http://www.riflebarrels.com/products/ar_10.htm

I know its not 6.5CM, but ballistically they are very very similar. Very good objective read on 260 vs 6.5 and their similarities.
    http://demigodllc.com/articles/6.5-s...6.5-creedmoor/
    Last edited by caelumatra; 07-24-14 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I was reading about the MATEN. Did you use a .308 lower part kit or an AR15 one. Really want to know if a AR15 trigger will work in it. Do you have a picture of it? That is my next build. Thanks.
    If I recall, the MATEN works best with an AR10 or LR308 bolt catch, but the rest of the LPK parts are AR15 standard. The upper ships with a charging handle and other parts installed.

Here's the MATEN I built with a 20" Noveske 6.5CM barrel:

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a 22" Krieger from Fulton Armory and am very happy with it. The average of about 7 five-shot groups at 100 yards is roughly a ~0.65 MOA with my 140gr amax handloads (best groups right around 0.5", worst around 0.8"). Also shot a ~3.5" group on a 5" plate at 500 yards. Only one group, so not sure how repeatable that will be, but I'm happy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My 6.5 CM barrel has now arrived from McGowen. I will post an update when I get to shoot it. The machine work, bore, crown, and chamber finish all look nice so I am hopeful.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mic2377 View Post
    My 6.5 CM barrel has now arrived from McGowen. I will post an update when I get to shoot it. The machine work, bore, crown, and chamber finish all look nice so I am hopeful.
    Have you shot it yet? I am wondering about the barrel. I am still thinking about building a 6.5 CM.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Have you shot it yet? I am wondering about the barrel. I am still thinking about building a 6.5 CM.
    I have not shot it yet - have the gas block, handguard, and bullets though. Scored 10 lbs of H4350 that put me behind on buying the stripped upper. I'm getting excited to shoot it though... If you are going to get one, would recommend ordering it in advance, haha.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Any updates yet ? it's starting to get cold......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am still waiting on a back-ordered stripped upper. Hopefully it will come soon.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12