Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 creedmoor

Feedback Score

6.5 creedmoor

Putting together a 6.5 creedmoor AR and am having trouble finding barrels for it. Would like a 24" bull. I am tempted to just get the DPMS upper as I already have the lower put together(except for changing trigger). Any suggestions greatly appreciated. This sit ROCKS.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Noveske makes a very nice 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, but I believe they still use an AR10 barrel extension, which in turn would require an AR10 BCG: http://www.shopnoveske.com/collectio...-6-5-creedmore

I had the 20" Noveske barrel in a Mega MATEN build a few years back and it was very accurate.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Fulton Armory used to have DPMS pattern 6.5C barrels from Criterion listed on their site, but they seem to have removed them. It might be worth a call to them to see if they have any hanging around on a shelf somewhere.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Noveske makes a very nice 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, but I believe they still use an AR10 barrel extension, which in turn would require an AR10 BCG: http://www.shopnoveske.com/collectio...-6-5-creedmore

I had the 20" Noveske barrel in a Mega MATEN build a few years back and it was very accurate.

Was there any issue with the Noveske mating to the Mega upper? It was DPMS pattern correct?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Was there any issue with the Noveske mating to the Mega upper? It was DPMS pattern correct?
    I thought Noveske built their stuff on the Armalite pattern?

Question, not a correction.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I thought Noveske built their stuff on the Armalite pattern?

Question, not a correction.
    That is the same think that I was thinking.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    No issues at all. The MATEN was designed from the outset to work with either DPMS or Armalite pattern barrels and BCGs, provided you matched the BCG to the barrel extension (e.g. Armalite barrel, Armalite BCG). The MATEN only takes DPMS pattern hand guards and magazines, however, so that may be why folks are thinking the Armalite barrels/BCGs are a no-no.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    No issues at all. The MATEN was designed from the outset to work with either DPMS or Armalite pattern barrels and BCGs, provided you matched the BCG to the barrel extension (e.g. Armalite barrel, Armalite BCG). The MATEN only takes DPMS pattern hand guards and magazines, however, so that may be why folks are thinking the Armalite barrels/BCGs are a no-no.
    This is correct. I have a 18" 308 Novekse in my MaTen and I use a standard Armalite 308 BCG. However my handguard is DPMS thread patterned.

RainierArms has a nice PDF from Troy talking about the different profiles of DPMS threaded forearms
    http://www.rainierarms.com/misc/DPMS...RS_COMPARE.pdf

As the PDF says the older ones are the high profile and the new receivers are low profile. But measure just to double check before you order your handguard.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

I was reading about the MATEN. Did you use a .308 lower part kit or an AR15 one. Really want to know if a AR15 trigger will work in it. Do you have a picture of it? That is my next build. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I was reading about the MATEN. Did you use a .308 lower part kit or an AR15 one. Really want to know if a AR15 trigger will work in it. Do you have a picture of it? That is my next build. Thanks.
    The MATEN comes with the parts that are proprietary to it, and beyond that normal AR15 LPK stuff works, including the trigger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast