Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is the EOW getting closer or further away?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
    That's a conspiracy theory idea. Conspiracies can't exist anymore, because the world is full of whistle-blowers, and a media that is more than willing to pay them large amounts of money for their story.

If someone tried to start WWIII with false-flag operation, it would be exposed very quickly.

As far as TEOTWAWKI, it's getting further away. The world, as odd as it may sound, keeps getting more and more peaceful. Right now, if we removed the islamic extremists, the world would be very peaceful indeed. Other than the Russians screwing around in Ukraine, there's not much else happening that isn't about islam screwing things up.

However, we now have 24/7/365 "news" programing that exists to make money for itself. So every little bit of violence is blown-up over TV and computer screens world-wide, and covered in a sensationalistic manner. All in the name of advertising revenue.

So if you allow yourself to be a news junkie, you will get the impression that the world is one step from self-immolation. But that's not the truth.
    If I were snopes, I'd say this was half true.

This is just my opinion, but while the whistle-blowers certainly exist, few get real exposure. The manipulated media is very good at positing a specific agenda. Things going against the agenda are buried or the person doing the whistling is demonized to the point of no credibility. On top of that, most folks in this country are ill-informed or ignorant. I'll leave stupid out for now. Anyway they are easily led by the nose.

Most wars are started by power or money... the want of them-- and driven by ego whether singular or plural. Thus, not necessarily rooted in logical behavior. Even the smartest will rationalize and justify an untenable decision.

I do agree we are not close to self-immolation and things are not as dire as many would have one believe. But that is "fear marketing" at its finest.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Last edited by South; 01-24-15 at 01:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

That's a conspiracy theory idea. Conspiracies can't exist anymore, because the world is full of whistle-blowers, and a media that is more than willing to pay them large amounts of money for their story.
    LOL, never say never. Whistle-blowers can also be controled leaks. As for the media, follow the money. The powers at be tell the media magnets what to air/publish and what not to.

If someone tried to start WWIII with false-flag operation, it would be exposed very quickly.
    Well, WWI and WWII were started in similar fashions yet they were not exposed and the vast majority of the populace are ignorant of anything they were not told to believe by a teacher or a anchorman.

As far as TEOTWAWKI, it's getting further away. The world, as odd as it may sound, keeps getting more and more peaceful. Right now, if we removed the islamic extremists, the world would be very peaceful indeed. Other than the Russians screwing around in Ukraine, there's not much else happening that isn't about islam screwing things up.
    Islamic extremists have nothing to do with the global economy and the petrol dollar. BRICS nations are moving to undermine the dollar and will eventually succeed. A collapse of the world economy would be a TEOTWAWKI event that humans have not yet encountered on that scale. Not to mention the fact the universe that our little blue third rock from the sun is in is a cosmic billiards table where even a big enough rock falling from the sky could wipe us all out. That's not to even mention pulsars, gamma ray burst, coronal mass ejections, or even the Yellowstone caldera.

However, we now have 24/7/365 "news" programing that exists to make money for itself. So every little bit of violence is blown-up over TV and computer screens world-wide, and covered in a sensationalistic manner. All in the name of advertising revenue.
    Bread and circuses . . . while everyone was watching the thug riots in Ferguson and then in NYC the US national debt hit $18,000,000,000,000 and for the first time since Ulysses S. Grant was in the White House the US was not the number one economy in the world. We slipped down to the number two spot and now the CHICOMs take the lead.

So if you allow yourself to be a news junkie, you will get the impression that the world is one step from self-immolation. But that's not the truth.
    If one is a news junkie then they are little more than a brain washed sheep.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    If nukes are used it doesn't mean the end of the world. Just look at Bikini Atol and White Sands . . . I wouldn't want to be close or down wind but life would go on.

Besides we are not talking about Cold War Dr. Strangelove here, suit-case nukes/dirty bombs in large cities would do the trick.
    Everyone has an ally and enemy that has nukes. If a nation state used nukes offensively... It'd look like the end of Terminator 3.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I struggle to see it happening. There's no longer any element of surprise, short of small disturbance terrorist attacks. Large armies & navies can't move without detection the moment they start.

I guess the best possibility is some response to a terrorist attack leading to a series of events that get out of control....and I don't think that's too likely.
    Although WW3 may not be eminent, I think its more likely than zombie apocalypse or a meteor strike that some Prepper Extremists believe in.

WW3 doesn't have to necessarily be a nuclear war or a large scale war between countries. It could be an attack on things like food source, internet, or small-scale attacks on few cities by terrorist groups. What's even worse could be a biological/chemical attack which doesn't need much to implement. I'm not a extremist or conspiracy theorist, so this is just speculation on my end. I think we could see a totally different kind of war than what we saw in WW2.

Peaceful? That's a nice thought.

No, the world gets more violent as population increases, poverty, crime, political corruption, hunger, and disease become more prevalent.

Conspiracy theories certainly can exist, and the erosion of people's rights (even in the US in the case of 2A) can be a small start. What will the next presidential elections bring us? Why did we have to go through a second Obama term when the first was pretty bad?? Why did the government try to ban Russian guns/ammo and make laws downgrading citizens's rights?

Its not that I have a dim outlook, but usually things are never perfect. Maybe only temporarily. Not to throw religion into the mix, but if you read the Bible, in Revelations many of things that are happening now are a sure sign of the end.
    Last edited by JusticeM4; 12-23-14 at 04:21.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678