Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aimpoint PRO ruggedness?

Feedback Score
    Great sight, l have one on my issued patrol rifle. It's been banged around, in and out of cars and during training. Has always worked and holds zero.
    Last edited by Steve2237; 07-25-14 at 18:57.
    WSCJTC Firearms Instructor
    NRA Patrol Rifle Instructor
    Colt Armorer
    Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    My favorite Aimpoint is the T1, but this is by far the best value. Good stuff.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm an Eotech guy but judging by Pro's relative absence from the used market and all of the glowing reviews, I'd say they're good to go.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought an aimpoint pro the first month they came out. I got it at a really good price with my LEO discount. I run it on my sbr with a La Rue mount and it's a nice red dot. The only concern I have is short battery life. I leave it on 24/7 and I only get 4-6 months out of a battery on level 6 or 7 brightness setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The PRO is by far the best value in the Aimpoint line. I prefer the T1 for my needs but I recommend the PRO more than any other model. I have owned a few and they are just as rugged as every other Aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    I cannot remember where, but I read somewhere that that Pro is built with a different aluminum alloy (less costly) vs. the alloy that the M3's, M4;s, etc . are built with.
    Extruded aluminum vs forged I believe.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    The only concern I have is short battery life. I leave it on 24/7 and I only get 4-6 months out of a battery on level 6 or 7 brightness setting.
    See how spoiled we are by Aimpoint? "Short battery life" is now 4 months of 24/7 use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I bought an aimpoint pro the first month they came out. I got it at a really good price with my LEO discount. I run it on my sbr with a La Rue mount and it's a nice red dot. The only concern I have is short battery life. I leave it on 24/7 and I only get 4-6 months out of a battery on level 6 or 7 brightness setting.
    Mine has been on for over a year at 7-8 setting and still on factory battery. 4-6 seems too short..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's what I thought. But I just purchased a 6 pack of Duracell batteries off of amazon for the PRO for around $12 shipped to my door.

Edited to add. But it could have been the batteries. The ones that were only lasting 4 or 6 months I got from a local rx drug store. They might have been old even though they were not expired. So maybe the new batteries will last longer.

My m2 aimpoint is on its original battery and it's never been turned off. I purchased it in 2009 or 2010.
    Last edited by ace4059; 07-30-14 at 21:59.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12