Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GUN CONTROL Survey.

Feedback Score

Angry GUN CONTROL Survey.

Hello,

I know these polls get old, but, if any politician looks at it, it may form their opinion as to what their constituents think, and they could vote accordingly. Plus, the first time we loose one of these Left-Wing Polls, it WILL be Used Against Us!

So PLEASE Vote: "NO, Gun Laws are too Strict Already.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,6466541.story

Thanks for All Your Pro-2nd Amendment Help.
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flbgun0612sbjun12,0,6466541.story

Should Florida implement stricter gun laws?

Yes, gun laws should be more strict (1968 responses)

32.8%

No, gun laws should stay how they are (805 responses)

13.4%

No, gun laws are too strict already (3150 responses)

52.4%

I don't care (83 responses)

1.4%
    o 6006 total responses (Results not scientific)

Buckaroo (one of 3,150 responses)
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    voted

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Politicians do not look at polls like this.

They are utterly meaningless and any reputable statistician would laugh.

This is only a way of "making you feel involved" in your edutainment.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Politicians do not look at polls like this.

They are utterly meaningless and any reputable statistician would laugh.

This is only a way of "making you feel involved" in your edutainment.
    True. BUT, the first time we loose one of these Left-Wing Polls, it WILL be Used Against Us!
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    True. BUT, the first time we loose one of these Left-Wing Polls, it WILL be Used Against Us!
    Nope. We've lost thousands of such polls...never once has one been used against us. I know it's hard to believe, but statistics like these are COMPLETELY worthless.

Anyone who proffered this poll as proof would immediately be laughed at by BOTH sides of the issue. It's meaningless...except for their advertising bottom line.

All you're doing is to encourage them to offer such polls as they know it will radically increase their hits...the more hits they get, the more money they can charge advertisers.

It also gives you a "warm fuzzy" that you're somehow participating in your democracy.

All the way around it's a sham.

If one of your anti-gun friends at work takes one of these "unscientific" polls to prove a point, you can generally discredit him in about three seconds.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    i disagree.

i see non-scientific polls quoted all of the time.for every one person who knows they're meaningless,there's probably several who simply absorb it.even of those who know they're meaningless,it may still stick with many of them.

...similar to how negative political adds work,even on those who claim to dislike and dismiss them.

or how people talk about a particular candidate being "in the lead" even though its says right on the poll its within the margin of error.

its sad but you can basically tell people "this means nothing" and then proceed to manipulate them with it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    i disagree.

i see non-scientific polls quoted all of the time.for every one person who knows they're meaningless,there's probably several who simply absorb it.even of those who know they're meaningless,it may still stick with many of them.
    Really? Quoted by who? News media types? Or people you just interact with? In the case of the former, they always say "this isn't a scientific poll," for the latter...who are they?

People who've never taken a statistics class?
    Morons who don't know any better?

Sorry I don't see the point in arguing with morons who believe stuff like this.

If they're not on our side all the facts in the world won't change their minds. Those that are on our side won't care.

Sorry but in replying you're only encouraging them to offer more and more stupidity-based entertainment packaged as "news."

Just say "no." They're just yanking your chain.

I know it gives you that "warm fuzzy" that anti-gunners have been beaten back once again...but that's all it is...a warm fuzzy.

Like politics and journalism it's not the substance of the thing, only the APPEARANCE of the substance of the thing.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Really? Quoted by who? News media types? Or people you just interact with? In the case of the former, they always say "this isn't a scientific poll," for the latter...who are they?
    both.

most people only pay attention to the "headline" and not the "fine print".

People who've never taken a statistics class?
    Morons who don't know any better?
    yup.

Sorry I don't see the point in arguing with morons who believe stuff like this.

If they're not on our side all the facts in the world won't change their minds. Those that are on our side won't care.

Sorry but in replying you're only encouraging them to offer more and more stupidity-based entertainment packaged as "news."

Just say "no." They're just yanking your chain.
    many of those morons are on the fence.

im not above trying to influence morons with BS...how do you think the world is run?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Well what can I say...other than what my grandfather once said when he caught me in a fight with a neighborhood boy.

"Never argue with a fool, lest the world fail to tell the difference."

Fence-sitting morons? In my experience, they're either lying or really don't care.

If they did care they'd educate themselves, if they haven't they're either willfully stupid or apathetic. If they're lying, all the proof in the world won't make a difference.

Sorry but by buying into this, you're only perpetuating it AND playing into their hand.

Really you're just better off pointing out to these people the stupidity and meaningless nature of such polling...and to encourage them to take basic stats at the local Community College.

I've never once had any anti-gunner quote one of these polls to me. If they did I would simply laugh hysterically.

A healthy dose of ridicule usually suffices as a cure.

PS. People have a right to be ignorant and apathetic, you'll exhaust yourself trying to make them agree with you and still never succeed. Why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast