Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg MVP 7.62 NATO . . .

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Send me a PM if you find a good price on one locally and I'll do the same for you if I find a good price.
    Outstanding! Sounds good.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Outstanding! Sounds good.
    PM inbound

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I must get one....I want to put a Leupold 1.25x4 VXR Patrol scope on it. That would be a great little gun with 25 round PMags....
    "Great minds" and all that . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I haven't had time to test fire the rifle with the irons, but it handles well and the build quality seems good. Pmags fit well, but I've noticed the mag release is a little stiff unless you press up a bit on the mag while operating the release.

Overall I think it's going to make a handy GP bolt gun.
    Since you have one, how does the mag well work? How does it go from OEM mags to M14 to SR-25. Does it come with interchangeable inserts?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I hunted with one of the prototype guns last spring in Canada. Gun shot lights out on the range. Under MOA with Barnes 150gr TTSX's. Used a 1-4X Trijicon Accupoint on it. It was the 18" fluted barrel & laminated stock version. Gun handled well and the factory mag fed perfectly. Didn't get a chance to try different mags to see how they worked. Wouldn't hesitate to use one as a general purpose bolt action rifle.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    You T&E people get me every time. New caliber here I come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    "Since you have one, how does the mag well work? How does it go from OEM mags to M14 to SR-25. Does it come with interchangeable inserts?
    The mag well is actually pretty neat. There are no inserts...You can strip out a pmag, slap in an M1A mag, and keep rockin'.

They accomplished this by building in two catches...One front and one side. M1A mags engage the front latch and are just thin enough to clear the side latch. SR25 pattern mags engage the side latch and simply hold the front latch in. The OEM steel 10rd mag that ships with the rifle actually latches on both the front and rear. It's completely rock solid when seated. M1A mags are also pretty solid because their back locking tab rides a slot in the rear of the well. PMags have a bit of front to rear wobble, but it doesn't seem to affect feeding from my limited time playing with it with dummy rounds in my basement.

It's a neat system. I liked it over the Ruger Scout because I already have a pile of M1A and Pmags. It was also quite a bit cheaper. I see Scouts for around $800 locally. The MVP Patrol was $550 at my LGS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    The mag well is actually pretty neat. There are no inserts...You can strip out a pmag, slap in an M1A mag, and keep rockin'.

They accomplished this by building in two catches...One front and one side. M1A mags engage the front latch and are just thin enough to clear the side latch. SR25 pattern mags engage the side latch and simply hold the front latch in. The OEM steel 10rd mag that ships with the rifle actually latches on both the front and rear. It's completely rock solid when seated. M1A mags are also pretty solid because their back locking tab rides a slot in the rear of the well. PMags have a bit of front to rear wobble, but it doesn't seem to affect feeding from my limited time playing with it with dummy rounds in my basement.

It's a neat system. I liked it over the Ruger Scout because I already have a pile of M1A and Pmags. It was also quite a bit cheaper. I see Scouts for around $800 locally. The MVP Patrol was $550 at my LGS.
    Damn that is cool.

I'll be on the look out for one locally. Thanks for your info!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting this, I'd never heard of it. I'd been toying around with the idea of a Ruger GSR for a while, but I really really like that this can take mags from either my M1A or 308 AR. My current 308 bolt gun is a heavy beast (and will eventually be changed to a .260), and I've got two semi auto 308's in the 18-22" barrel range. Something about a handy 16" 308 bolt rifle that accepts standard mags just speaks to me- especially when there is the option to slap a suppressor on it.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well, boys and girls, the plot thickens. I was in McBride's (not my favorite) today and while I was looking at their order sheet for Patrol Rifles, low and behold what do I spy but a 300 Blackout model which isn't even on Mossberg's web site yet. McBride's wanted $593, non scoped, for either the 556, 300 or 308.

Best price local that I am finding for 308 is $550 at GT Distributors, and for 556 is Bud's (KY) at under $500 that also has a Make Offer button.

Since this thread was originally about the 308/7.62 model, which interests you more - this patrol rifle in 308 or 300BO and why?
    Last edited by austinN4; 08-06-14 at 18:04.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Best price local that I am finding for 308 is $550 at GT Distributors, and for 556 is Bud's (KY) at under $500 that also has a Make Offer button.

Since this thread was originally about the 308/7.62 model, which interests you more - this patrol rifle in 308 or 300BO and why?
    Awesome, I have a GTs not too far from me, I checked there site but did not see it listed.

7.62 NATO due to ammo availability, ballistics, and the rifle will accept both M14 and SR-25 mags.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast