Thread: New micro Draco

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New micro Draco

Seen a couple of pics of them floating around and came across this https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com....html?Itemid=0 And mentions more will be coming late Aug early Sept. Here is YouTube review http://youtu.be/FecZFZ6xlzs Does anybody have any first hand exp with the micro Draco, mainly any performance issues or part wear problems? I noticed that it has a slanted rear trunnion (on some) and polymer block (seen in vid) so I would also like to know if this presents problem with SBRing and what differ ways of attaching stock (legally obviously goes without saying). The whole no handgaurd thing is not a big negative, as I'm sure company's will meet demand or I'll have a good project (but it is still a negative).. I already have stamp on my regular Draco and always wanted a mini-Draco, and with them back in stock I'm trying to decide between the mini vs micro. So any and all info is much appreciated, feel free to spitball ideas/mods. Thanks.
    Last edited by lunchbox; 07-27-14 at 11:57.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    16" barrel: 2350fps

5.9" barrel: 1752fps

Not that anyone's buying these guns for their terminal ballistics, I was just surprised at the difference.

I see a lot of arm braces being installed on these. Hopefully some clever MI handguards and optics options as well. Why not?
    Last edited by 1911-A1; 07-27-14 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like the M92 better even though it has a 10" barrel.

Feedback Score
    Centerfire has them for less and they do have handguards.
    http://www.centerfiresystems.com/HG0018.aspx
    The angle of the rear of the receiver looks pretty much square to me. One of the first questions that I'd ask, because I'm anal retentive, is do the numbers match? I had to look far and wide before finding a Draco that has matching numbers. I SBR'd it with an underfolder and couldn't be more pleased. It's hard for me to imagine going shorter.

ETA: I now see that there are differences between the Mini and the Micro. How short can they make these things?
    Last edited by Bret; 08-19-14 at 10:36.

Feedback Score
    That is ridiculously short, how long is that oprod?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have the 2014 mini and absolutely love it. That said I've only had it a couple weeks and have only put about 200rds. through it so I have no long term data. I have had no jams to date with cheap ass wolf ammo. If you take the time to aim it is surprisingly accurate, although it is really difficult to suppress the urge to Rambo the sucker. The rear trunnion is metal but there is a plastic piece on top that the bolt rides through that looks kinda hokey. IMO you really need the front hand guard to safely and accurately shoot it though. The arm brace or SBR'ing it would take care of no hand guard but then you lose conceal-ability which is the real selling point to me personally. Perhaps a folding version would be the best of both worlds. If it continues with it's reliability then it may become a BOB gun. Mine does not have a slant back so I ASSUME that the m92 wedges going around would work for SBR'ing but I don't know first hand. There are several options out there that I've seen pics of but have not put one in my hands as of yet so I can't recommend one. I am already looking at the arsenal pistol alternatives just to have a higher quality version worthy of SBR'ing. Don't have a micro so I can't say much about that.
    Last edited by sewvacman; 08-21-14 at 07:33. Reason: clarification
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant