Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shares of Sturm Ruger are tanking. Down 8%. LOL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I am too busy buying BCM uppers w/ BCG for $399, cases of 5.56mm for $299 delivered, and PMAGs for $9.95/ea to be analyzing the performance of gun companies on the stock market.
    Links?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a1fabweld View Post
    Links?
    Ditto, ammo ones anyway. I know where to get the BCM uppers
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Gunbroker. Iraqgunz posted a link a while back and they pop up all the time.

If you don't want to wait for deals, AIM has a case for $339.50 delivered right now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    RGR is still well up from the "baseline" pre 2012 election year level when it was in the high 20s/low 30s.

Anyone with any forethought bought it before the pre-election year runup, which was followed by the Sandy Hook panic insanity. Those same folks should have seen firearm demand peak and start downhill in late '13 and sold.

Feedback Score
    So lets buy a Ruger product next week and boost its sales.

Feedback Score
    Simple economics......

A lot of people, surprisingly including many members of the usually more professional M4C site, complained of companies "gouging" during the last panic.

Reasonable members argued that it is simple economics and that those companies better get the goods while it can be got, because the panic will be over eventually and sales would stagnate for a looong time afterwards.

But, you won't see the gouge-whiners complaining of the $800 Colt 6920's out there now.

Simple economics......
    Last edited by G19A3; 08-02-14 at 01:16.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G19A3 View Post
    Simple economics......

A lot of people, surprisingly including many members of the usually more professional M4C site, complained of companies "gouging" during the last panic.

Reasonable members argued that it is simple economics and that those companies better get the goods while it can be got, because the panic will be over eventually and sales would stagnate for a looong time afterwards.

But, you won't see the gouge-whiners complaining of the $800 Colt 6920's out there now.

Simple economics......
    A little more to it than that but I'd say it's kind of expected and not really a bad thing. Negative 8 isn't really terrible if you're still 20% above where you were a year ago. There's a reason for that which can be explained and wouldn't panic long term investors.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The entire market is tanking based on fears the FED will no longer be buying as much debt and interest rates will rise more quickly than anticipated. So, the speculation on Ruger's sales being the cause is only one small portion of the story. I assume savvy investors expected a drop in sales given the huge acceleration of 1 year ago. Those expectations were already built into their share price.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    The entire market is tanking based on fears the FED will no longer be buying as much debt and interest rates will rise more quickly than anticipated.
    Thats no fear, thats a fact. Sept or October the fed will end QE3. The drops of the last week(really the last couple weeks) are from the initial 10 billion reduction from QE3 they started 5-6 months ago(it takes about that time to start seeing changes in the economy on either the front side or back side of a round of QE). Then they have to watch for rising inflation(a sign that the economy is accelerating on its own-a good thing actually, but not to the fed). To counter this they have to "tap the brakes" so to speak by raising interest rates and slowing the economy. Hit the brakes to hard to early and the economy will completely stop or reverse course. Its a delicate operation that I am 100% sure the Fed will **** up royally and send us back into another recession.

Im just watching the S&P 500 for the death cross personally.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Shares of Sturm Ruger are tanking. Down 8%. LOL

Yep, it is only a matter of time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12