Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: TRIJICON VCOG - REVIEW AND EXPERIENCES

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the clarification!

Feedback Score
    If you could rank the vcog among the Swarovski, kahles, Leupold and vortex 1-6's, excluding price how would you rank them all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john.lettiere View Post
    If you could rank the vcog among the Swarovski, kahles, Leupold and vortex 1-6's, excluding price how would you rank them all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Z6i and kahles were the same to me optically. The kahles had a more reddish reticle while the Swarovski was more orange. Very similar brightness (brightest of mentioned). The K16i has only auto off after 4 hours. The z6i, has more auto off features. I give the top position to k16i for features. It's neck and neck optic and eyebox and illumination wise. These two scopes are a 10.

Next is the vcog. It is a 7. The eyebox and illumination are notably inferior to the European twins. The diopter shift is notable between magnification extremes. The picture is not as "flat". I felt that it was not a true 1x, but more 1.05x or something because of this. Close enough for real world use, but if you're reading a book with it or wanting a technical comparison...however...the mount is integral/keyed and the illumination is aa powered and allegedly it is more durable. Just as robust as a acog according to trijicon. These things could potentially place it in a higher position than the European twins depending on your intended use.

Then comes the Vortex and leupold. They were very close for me optically. Both had usable eye boxes, but they were smaller than the vcog by a very slight margin it seemed. Personally I liked the glass on the vcog better. Illumination on the Vortex was similar to the vcog. Maybe a tiny touch brighter, or maybe not, as the illumination was just a dot ant maybe being so small it looked brighter due to contrast? Regardless, it was as good or better. I did not get a chance to see mk6 illuminated (dead battery on display optic). Both demonstrated diopter shift, but a bit less than the vcog. Say, 75-80%, as much. All in all I found them very very similar to one another. I'd go with the mk6 because of reputation. I could not justify it based on performance and price. These optics I'd rank at 5.5-6.

Ymmv, everyone's eyes differ.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Z6i and kahles were the same to me optically. The kahles had a more reddish reticle while the Swarovski was more orange. Very similar brightness (brightest of mentioned). The K16i has only auto off after 4 hours. The z6i, has more auto off features. I give the top position to k16i for features. It's neck and neck optic and eyebox and illumination wise. These two scopes are a 10.

Next is the vcog. It is a 7. The eyebox and illumination are notably inferior to the European twins. The diopter shift is notable between magnification extremes. The picture is not as "flat". I felt that it was not a true 1x, but more 1.05x or something because of this. Close enough for real world use, but if you're reading a book with it or wanting a technical comparison...however...the mount is integral/keyed and the illumination is aa powered and allegedly it is more durable. Just as robust as a acog according to trijicon. These things could potentially place it in a higher position than the European twins depending on your intended use.

Then comes the Vortex and leupold. They were very close for me optically. Both had usable eye boxes, but they were smaller than the vcog by a very slight margin it seemed. Personally I liked the glass on the vcog better. Illumination on the Vortex was similar to the vcog. Maybe a tiny touch brighter, or maybe not, as the illumination was just a dot ant maybe being so small it looked brighter due to contrast? Regardless, it was as good or better. I did not get a chance to see mk6 illuminated (dead battery on display optic). Both demonstrated diopter shift, but a bit less than the vcog. Say, 75-80%, as much. All in all I found them very very similar to one another. I'd go with the mk6 because of reputation. I could not justify it based on performance and price. These optics I'd rank at 5.5-6.

fantastic rankings thank you very much

Feedback Score

How would you rank the adjustments? I assume some were covered while others were exposed and only one with a locking feature.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hochsitz View Post
    How would you rank the adjustments? I assume some were covered while others were exposed and only one with a locking feature.
    I did not compare them in an environment where I can comment on adjustments.that said, I prefer capped turrets. At this price range, they all better track properly...

Feedback Score
    I did not compare them in an environment where I can comment on adjustments.that said, I prefer capped turrets. At this price range, they all better track properly...
    My apologies for the necroposting, but just wanted to chime in here and let folks know you can get one for around $1500 from Optics Planet using code: DIRECT12. I opted for the green full circle. Great choice for 1x and for more precision the reticle out at 400-600 is better with the crosshair. FWIW

Feedback Score
    I'm a big fan of mine, the reticle is not super bright but it is very usable. If it's dusk the reticle is bright if you're in the woods it's bright. the glass is great and the eye bx is great.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I'm a big fan of mine, the reticle is not super bright but it is very usable. If it's dusk the reticle is bright if you're in the woods it's bright. the glass is great and the eye bx is great.
    I'd say I am as well; really the only big "con" to it is the price which has recently been falling...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    I'd say I am as well; really the only big "con" to it is the price which has recently been falling...

I got mine brand new in april 2016 with the green segmented circle 55 gr for $1967 at the time that was a pretty good price it even beat my mil discount for trijicon. If you factor in buying another high end 1-6 with a good mount like ADM, LaRue, or Geissele it's really not that bad. It's crazy clear glass, I've had a bunch of buddies that were on the vortex strike eagle band wagon check out my VCOG and all of them soon realized that not all 1-6's are created equal.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast