Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIJICON VCOG - REVIEW AND EXPERIENCES

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanker View Post
    Kahles k16i, swarovski z6i, vortex razor 1-6 or VCOG? For 16" mid length. 0-500 yards.
    I have only used the Swaro Z6i, so I cannot compare it to the others you listed. That said, I was thoroughly pleased with it on my 16" 5.56 rifle that I picked up a second for my 7.62. I got the BRT reticle (it's a mil-dot tree), and it works as advertised out to 600. I've used it in a couple of classes now where we shot out to those distances and once you find your holds for the ammo you are using, hitting the steel is like ringing a bell. The precision rifle course I took in May from F2S Consulting was based around 7.62 rifles. When we were at 600, I pulled my 5.56 from the car just to see how it would do, and I might have missed one shot before getting hits (having great spotters made me look good too).

When we shot at 1,000 I had no reference points and was unable to connect. But I don't see myself ever needing that capability. The Z6i is ridiculously clear, the dot is brighter than my Aimpoints, it's light for it's size, and it's a true 1x. It will excel with anything from contact to 600 with ease.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    I have a VCOG if you have any questions let me know. So far I am a fan, I have shot out to 300 yards (this is furthest I have access to) and it does well. I have ran both 55gr and 77gr 5.56. I wish I could find more affordable 77gr at a $1 pop it starts adding up but it prints quite a bit better.
    Question: What kind of zeroing did you do with your VCOG and what sorts of hold adjustments do you have to make when shooting 55 gr. compared to 77gr.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    ptmccain, I've been reading about the VCOG to include following this thread. Could you update with why you're selling it?
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    I can neither confirm or deny that I'm selling it.

But if I were selling it, it would only be because I decided I want more than x6 on the AR I'm using as my "reach out and touch someone" AR. I'm also dropping a Geissele trigger into it and am looking at something with a bit more magnification.

The VCOG is an awesome optic, of that there is no doubt.
    Last edited by ptmccain; 08-09-14 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    The only actual target I shot was 100yrd and I zeroed for both ammo the difference was not that great I didn't measure it. I shot steel out to 300 off hand standing and did not have to change my hold (held at 6).

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    The only actual target I shot was 100yrd and I zeroed for both ammo the difference was not that great I didn't measure it. I shot steel out to 300 off hand standing and did not have to change my hold (held at 6).

And there you go.

Heck, if I do not get the price I want (I can neither confirm or deny I am selling it), I may just keep the VCOG.

i

Feedback Score
    If its a 16" bbl I think the VCOG is perfect for a variable scope for SPR type build I could see running a more powerful scope.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    And there you go.

Heck, if I do not get the price I want (I can neither confirm or deny I am selling it), I may just keep the VCOG.

i
    Is that a joke?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone have daylight pictures of the reticle without illumination?

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Here's an image of the reticle during the day, without illumination the horseshoe and dot are simply black, very contrasty.

It is FFP so the reticle gets "smaller" at the lowest power setting.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast