Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Optimized Brown Tip" gel test video by SMG Lee

Feedback Score

"Optimized Brown Tip" gel test video by SMG Lee

http://youtu.be/ArJQz7Jlo24

The main focus of the video was the new HK MP7 round. What really got my attention was the gel test with the "optimized Brown Tip" gel test from a 10.5" barrel. I don't think I've seen a ballistic gel demo of this round. Any ways enjoy if you guys haven't seen this.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm ashamed to say that the first time I watched that video, I totally glossed over that.

Impressive performance from the 70gr TSX.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score

"Optimized Brown Tip" gel test video by SMG Lee

May I ask why the shame? I took it as a demonstration of different loads on ballistic gel. The only thing is for me and am sure others the star of the show was not the 4.6mm round.
    Last edited by MontePR; 07-31-14 at 20:26. Reason: spell check

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontePR View Post
    May I ask why the shame? I took it as a demonstration of different loads on ballistic gel. The only thing is for me and am sure others the star of the show was not the 4.6mm round.
    By glossed over, I mean I must have looked away or gotten busy for that portion of the video. I didn't even realize it was in there. Hence my shame.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Gotcha

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontePR View Post
    Very true - but how well the brown tip/10.5" barrel setup works points out to me that if the DoD wants to start issuing a PDW to warfighters that don't shoot for a living by job description, taking a GOTS/COTS Mk18 solution with a KX5 or something in lieu of a can, mounting the current M68CCO, and shipping it with 70grTSX Brown Tip ammunition would be quite adequate.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 07-31-14 at 23:29.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I asked the following question in the comments below the video, however if any here know and would be willing to respond it would be appreciated.

"In your experience do multiple shots into the same block of gelatin weaken the gelatin? Or has it been in your experience that the changes from reusing the same block are negligible?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting video. It would have been nice to see the block carved up, and the size of the cavity measured, but sadly, that wasn't part of their testing. Funny that the 70gr TSX was a side part of the video, but it was the only part I cared about.

Feedback Score
    The 70 grain test starts at 4:45 for those who want to skip ahead.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    A couple things stood out to me, with some questions:

The 4.6mm had its greatest expansion mere inches after entrance, to my uneducated self wouldn't this mean it is decent against a unarmored/soft targets?

Brown tip looks awesome, is available for commercial purchase or do we have to hand load the 70 TSX?

9mm vs 45, who cares they do about the same.

Also I just realized that I met SMGLee at Shot this year in the Magpul booth and had no idea who he was until now. We were both looking at the new 25rd LR Pmag display and he was taking pictures.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast