Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting options vortex 1-4

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Mounting options vortex 1-4

I just picked up a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 in a trade the other day and was looking for some ideas and suggestions for the mounting options. I would like to keep BUIS on the rifle, so my question really is do I need a QD mount, Cantilever, or just scope rings? I have only ever had RDS on my ARs so forgive me if these questions are dumb. My Colt that the optic is going on has a flattop upper and a DD 12 rail so lots of mounting options! Thanks and I am sure be asking more questions!

Frank A. Parkinson

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Bobro slightly extended version.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmashowtime View Post
    I just picked up a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 in a trade the other day and was looking for some ideas and suggestions for the mounting options. I would like to keep BUIS on the rifle, so my question really is do I need a QD mount, Cantilever, or just scope rings? I have only ever had RDS on my ARs so forgive me if these questions are dumb. My Colt that the optic is going on has a flattop upper and a DD 12 rail so lots of mounting options! Thanks and I am sure be asking more questions!

Frank A. Parkinson
    If you are going to be running standard BUIS there is no reason to run bolt on scope mount/rings. Bobro as far as I know has the best tested RTZ in the Quickest detaching platform of ring mounts.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    American Defense also offers several good options depending on the eye relief that you need. I have several AD-Recons, and have been completely satisfied, including running the same scope in one. American Defense is also a site supporter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    American Defense also offers several good options depending on the eye relief that you need. I have several AD-Recons, and have been completely satisfied, including running the same scope in one. American Defense is also a site supporter.
    Agree with you BK, I have three different ADM mounts and love them. They are rock solid and return to zero works well. No personal experience with Bobro, but I hear good things about them and wouldn't hesitate to use one of them either.
    Certified AR Armorer among many other things.
    Semper Paratus Arms - 2014

Feedback Score
    coollogos_zpsdfb028e5.jpg

I'm still using the LaRue mounts over Troy/LaRue sights. Been using them for quite a while now.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks it the responses! Sounds like American Defense, Bobro, and Larue all all good options. I'll shop around and see what kind of deals are out there! Thanks guys!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Ended up going with the AD-RECON, got her for 135.00 shipped! I'll post some pictures all mounted up with it comes in!

Feedback Score
    I am sure you will be happy. I have my Vortex 1X4 mounted in the same mount on my S&W 15-22

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast