Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Increasing minimum post/time requirement to sell in EE?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think you'll just generate more noise in the forum with people posting useless things so that they can throw something up on EE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    If you can't pick your shit up at 3pm or 0300 and it's configured to get it done 0-400m in seconds, sideways, upside down, or unstable... your a daylight range clown.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
    I don't see how increasing the requirements to SELL in the EE is of any benefit to longtime/contributing forum members.
    If some newb pops over here and lists a quality item for a fantastic price, what do I care if he only has 31 posts and only been around for 1 month???

It is wise to be cautious of pre-paying for goods in the EE that are posted by short term / non-vetted members, but other than that, IMO the more people selling stuff in the EE the better.

ETA: Be careful reading too much into post counts. There are some very wise, well known, highly experienced members on here that have only double digit posts. On the flipside there are plenty of folks with a high number of posts/day that are clueless..
    Agreed. IMO, most of the people with thousands of posts just generate noise and rarely offer any real insight/expertise.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I probably care more about how long the member has been on the forum. This forum encourages more reading than posting and I doubt that the number of posts is a great indicator of character. But, I also don't have 200 posts yet.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Appreciate the feedback, but no changes will be made in this regard. As noted earlier, if you see people running their posts up in the course of your site use, use the report post(s) button and let us know. Thanks.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12