Thread: Moving to KS (Ft Riley/Junction City/Manhattan Area)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Moving to KS (Ft Riley/Junction City/Manhattan Area)

The great powers to be have decided to station me in the great state of KS. Im currently looking for rental properties but running into issues finding the place I want. I dont mind having a 30+ minute commute to work but would prefer to live in a more rural area. The ideal property would be a farm-ish type residence with allot of land surrounding and neighbors far enough away that I can set up a range in my backyard. Any ideas for locations or properties I should be looking at? Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You should look into the Abilene or Chapman area. Nice little towns just West of FT Riley on I-70. I was at Riley from 2009-2013 and might be able to answer some questions. PM me if you want.

Feedback Score
    Manhattan will be expensive and it'll also be difficult to find something there this time of year. Claycenter is a possibility to the areas listed above but if I remember right it may be a little longer drive time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by telecustom View Post
    You should look into the Abilene or Chapman area. Nice little towns just West of FT Riley on I-70. I was at Riley from 2009-2013 and might be able to answer some questions. PM me if you want.
    Only prob is I dont see too many rental properties in these areas...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkscoach View Post
    Manhattan will be expensive and it'll also be difficult to find something there this time of year. Claycenter is a possibility to the areas listed above but if I remember right it may be a little longer drive time.

No prob about expense... I never mind paying over BAH if its a place I want

Feedback Score
    As to setting up a range on a rented property, get it in the agreement to avoid conflict later!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    if this doesnt work out ill just find me a house with a long hallway and construct a 10m indoor range