Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking input on Shockwave Blade AR pistol stabilizer we're developing

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good luck with your project. It doesn't look much different than shooting a regular pistol one handed. The photo you posted doesn't match your description about how it provides stabilization in the vertical plane. The shooter's forearm doesn't come close to contacting the rounded portion at the top of the blade which are supposed to rest on the forearm.

The concern expressed by others about ATF compliance is valid and I would make sure the beta testers have an SBR lower to use. If not, I personally would only put this on a 16" upper and that would defeat the purpose of testing a "pistol" brace.

Does the blade fit a standard carbine receiver extension?

I can tell you up front that I don't see any interest for me with the product even if it get's approved and I think you need a way to maintain positive contact between the blade and the arm to even have a chance at approval.
    Last edited by DWood; 08-08-14 at 09:58.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB1 View Post
    Should you wait for beta testing until you get ATF approval as a piatol brace and not a stock? A beta tester may get in trouble if the ATF rules it is a stock and the pistol becomes a SBR.
    We have received initial ATF "approval" via phone, but are waiting for the letter.
    Last edited by Shockwave Technologies; 04-23-15 at 22:18.
    Shockwave Technologies is an innovative manufacturer and retailer of firearm parts and accessories, located in picturesque Salt Lake City, Utah.

The company is owned by Martin Ewer—a veteran of the United States Air Force (6920th ESG (ESC), Russian Cryptologic Linguist, 1985–1990)—and operated by a small team of dedicated professionals. We are committed to excellence and personalized service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    I would think the lower rear of the stabilizer should be shaped in such a way so as to offer a surface that can be stabilized against the users forearm.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, the lower "fin" offers a surface for the user to stabilize their forearm against.

Thank you,
    Marty
    Shockwave Technologies is an innovative manufacturer and retailer of firearm parts and accessories, located in picturesque Salt Lake City, Utah.

The company is owned by Martin Ewer—a veteran of the United States Air Force (6920th ESG (ESC), Russian Cryptologic Linguist, 1985–1990)—and operated by a small team of dedicated professionals. We are committed to excellence and personalized service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    Does the blade fit a standard carbine receiver extension?

I can tell you up front that I don't see any interest for me with the product even if it get's approved and I think you need a way to maintain positive contact between the blade and the arm to even have a chance at approval.
    Thank you for the input. The Blade AR fits a standard 1.25" O.D. pistol receiver extension (buffer tube).

There have been several "approved" pistol stabilizers over the years that didn't maintain positive contact between it and the user's hand or arm. And as I mentioned, we have already received a preliminary "approval" via phone.

Thank you again,
    Marty

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LastRites View Post
    I assume it use's a pistol tube receiver extension? How about the end plate, does the front end just cover one or is it similar to an A2 stock?
    Yes, it fits on a standard 1.25" O.D. pistol receiver extension (buffer tube). The front end of the Blade AR covers a standard end plate.

Thank you for the question,
    Marty

Feedback Score
    What is the unused strap for . How about a video to cover all the bases shown in action .

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    What is the unused strap for . How about a video to cover all the bases shown in action .
    It looks like its just a sling from the pictures.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This for real? I have not received a confirmation email asking for address.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    This for real? I have not received a confirmation email asking for address.
    Same here. Starting to wonder a bit.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    Also no email confirmation here either?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast